MrsK07's Birth Story

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsK07 Posts: 454
Hi Girls, Here is my Birth Story. Had my hospital check up on New Years Eve and was 38 weeks + 6. Cons did an internal and then decided to do a sweep. He also booked me in for induction for the Friday (2nd Jan). Had pains that evening but thought it was only tummy pains. Took some gaviscon and they disappeared. Had some brown discharge also. It was still there the next day but had no pains. Went up to Mams that evening (New Years Day) and couldn't get comfy on any chair i sat on. Gums were sore too and I never had this problem before. Could be something to look out for. Anyway went in to be induced on the Friday at 08.30. The put me on the monitor for a half hour and then gave me the prostin gel at 09.30. This stung a bit but then the contractions kicked in straight away. I had to stay in bed for another hour and then started walking the corridors and up and down the stairs. The pains were no joke and the pressure in my back was unreal. It actually stopped me in my tracks. After about two hours the midwife gave me the birthing ball and this really helped with the pressure in my back. I also found the leaning on the table and rocking my hips was great too. At 4.00pm I was checked my the doctor and was only 4cms dilated. She said that she was bringing me down to the labour ward to break the waters and i could have the epidural then. I was getting through with the breathing to this point but I was starting to feel I could very easily lose control at this point. At about five I was up on the bed in the labour ward and got the gas and air. Great stuff!! It all took off after this. The doctor broke the waters and the pains became unbearable. They were going to give me the epi but then they couldn't trace the baby on the monitor so they decided to do a fetal scalp blood sample. This was really painful and i was sucking on the gas and air like no tomorrow. They did this to see was the baby alright as she had came down the birth canal so fast. The midwife and doc left the room for about 40 seconds and I just said to Dh I have to push. When they came back in I had dilated from 4 to 10 in that time. They put my feet in the stirrups as they had to get baby out quickly. They doc said the head is just there so in 3 more pushes and a slight aid of the ventose I had her out. I no tear or stitches and was so proud of myself. Baby Emily weighed in at 5lbs 10oz and is an absolute dote. I was out of bed within and hour and have made a fantastic recovery. One thing I will cherish forever is the skin to skin contact that I had with her after. All the best to the remaining January Mams and congrats to those who have had their little darlings. And you do forget the pain afterwards, I not joking.
mop1 Posts: 1564
congratulations MrsK07 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Emily is such a beautiful name :lvs :lvs
Elegance Posts: 2848
beautifully told. congratulations
Pinkly Posts: 1414
Congratulations MrsK07 on the birth of baby Emily. :o)ll See you over in Jan 09 babies in mums & kids (whenever my babs decides to arrive)
aston Posts: 4100
Congrats MrsK07! I agree, beautiful name for a girl! Glad to hear alls good! Enjoy :wv
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Congratulations MrsK07, what a beautiful name :lvs I can't wait to join you over in mums and kids
lmc1978 Posts: 423
well done. you make it sound so manageable. love the name as well. hope my birthstory goes as well. congratulations to you and DH
red_rubies Posts: 2424
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Congrats!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Yours wasn't too scary a story which is good to see!! :wv
jmeath Posts: 5740
Congrats mrsK, lovely story! Cant believe how quick she came out in the end! I love the nam Emily! :o)ll
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
Congratulations to you and your DH and WELCOME to baby Emily. Can't wait to join you over in Mums and Kids!!!