MS in the middle of the night?Is this normal?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ForeverHopeful Posts: 113
Hi Ladies... I woke up at 3.30 this morning with a cramp between my ribs and a funny empty feeling... the area between my ribs was rock hard.. I went to the loo and nearly felt like I was in "that" scene of Bridesmaids as I had diarrhroea and needed to puke at the same time. Were I not pregnant I'd suspect food poisoning but I'm ok again this morning (just nauseaus which I've been since wk 5). Has anyone else experienced this? It was awful, I was sweating and everything.. not pleasant!
Daff Posts: 11644
is it good or bad if I say yes this is normal? :o0 I get horrific stomach cramps at night when pregnant and get sick too very often. I remember when pregnant with DD being on toilet in middle of night in agony crying thinking how could labour be worse than this... and it was :-8 :o0 Got them again this time too but at least I viewed it as good practice in coping with pain this time! Also in third trimester I wake up from my sleep getting sick - lovely!
ForeverHopeful Posts: 113
Thanks! I thought that it might be normal but I've never been pregnant before so said I'd check. If I weren't pregnant I'd think I had food poisoning.
Smallwoman Posts: 132
Yes it's normal, now I never vomited but on dd I used to wake up feeling sick in the middle of the night. Then that would progress to feeling sick in the evenings. I used to go to bed trying to get to sleep as fast as I could before I would puke! On this little bambino I seem to be the same, I'm sick most nights but I can just roll over and go back to sleep ( if only my toddler wasn't kicking me!) and last night i was sick in the evening.