Mullingar restaurant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Any suggestions? I know of the Lotus Garden and Oscars, but I'm looking for a new one. It's our 8 year :eek anniversary tomorrow so we're treating ourselves.
FunnyFace Posts: 225
The Annebrook is lovely
Thanks for that funnyface, just googled it and it looks fantastic. O-O
Chicksy Posts: 709
Don't go to Fat Cats anyway. I was in there last weekend and it was crap. The sauces they used were all out of jars or bottles and my h2b had the chicken wings for his starter which consisted of 4 tiny wings. They were 6 euro or something as well. My starter of breaded camembert was the processed breaded cheeses you can buy in any supermarket. I was not impressed one bit. The desserts were nice but when I asked about the one I had, I was told that they buy in their desserts and don't actually make them! I wonder do they make anything themselves in the 'restaurant'. Anyway, back to your question, the Chinese beside the Park Hotel (Mr. Wong's I believe its now called) is lovely and they now do Thai food as well. I've only eaten in the actual hotel restaurant in the Park Hotel once and that was just before Christmas so they had a Christmas menu on, but the food was fabulous then. I'd imagine that its very good with the usual a la carte on as well. I also second the Annebrook, its a bit pricey but the food is top notch. Oscars is ok but I think its gone a bit downhill in recent times, its standards seem to be slipping a bit. Their pizzas are amazing though. There used to be a lovely Indian called Amrita's but thats gone now unfortunately. I'm never overly impressed with Saagar when I eat there and the newish Indian thats up beside Saagar-Silver Oaks or something-also not great. I doubt I've been any help to you at all really since all I've told you is where not to eat lol. I've eaten in most of the restaurants in Mullingar (as you can see) and to be honest, I only left one or two of them with the opinion that the food was amazing or even just really good.
Thanks for that Chicksy, Fat Cats was on my list of places to try but it's quite firmly crossed off now :o0 Is Mr. Wongs the place that's on the corner of the hotel (am I right in saying that the Park is the one at the top of the slip road or have I got it arseways?) I might try that one actually, I love Thai food and it'd save us going into the town. We don't eat out much and any time we do it's always the Lotus Garden, or Oscars, but like you say their standards have slipped somewhat. I used to eat in the Lake County but they've been closed now for ages, is it really just renovations do you know or what's going on?
kittysue Posts: 1016
We went to a place called Enchante.....It was up beside Con's Pub....but I see that's gone now and there's an Italien there...I think.....might be worth a try.... The food in the Park Hotel is lovely....couldn't fault it.
No probs. For a special anniversary meal I'd say go to the Annebrook. It is a little on the pricey side as I said, but the food is fantastic and the restaurant itself is quite romantic. Yep, Mr. Wong's is the one at the side of the Park Hotel up the slip road. I haven't eaten in the restaurant itself since they started doing Thai but I've gotten a Thai takeaway from there and it was very nice. As I said above as well, the restaurant in the Park Hotel itself is nice-I can't remember the name of it though. My reception is in the Park so even though it won't be the same chef cooking my wedding meal as the one who cooks in the restaurant-it was nice to know they have fairly high standards overall. The Lake County is gone for good, it won't be re-opening at all. I think its going to be converted into shops and apartments or something. Its definately not re-opening as a hotel anyway. Its a pity cos Rusty's actually was a nice place to eat, the food wasn't bad at all from there.
[quote="Chicksy":37n8zbmv]The Lake County is gone for good, it won't be re-opening at all. I think its going to be converted into shops and apartments or something. Its definately not re-opening as a hotel anyway. Its a pity cos Rusty's actually was a nice place to eat, the food wasn't bad at all from there.[/quote:37n8zbmv] Oh that's such a shame, I always liked Rustys, we ate in there quite a bit. God, now I have to decide which one to eat in - tough choice, thanks girls for the advice. O-O
You're welcome, enjoy your meal wherever you end up! :wv
Ok one more question, how do you get to the Annebrook, I've looked up the website, and seen the map, but I drive down that road all the time and I don't remember seeing it? (Unless, of course I'm driving with my eyes closed!) [img:3kaadokq]http://www.annebrook.ie/images/hotel_map.gif[/img:3kaadokq]