Mullingar - when do they scan?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Salander Posts: 1639
Hi 7 weeks since my last period, went to GP 2 weeks ago and had pg confirmed and he said he would post off paperwork to hosp. Rang hosp today and they said it could be another 4 weeks before i receive my app in the post. That would put me at around the 11 week mark so I presume they wouldn't be doing a 12 week scan? If its 18 weeks I think I will get a scan done at one of the private clinics I just want some reassurance its all going ok!
byebye Posts: 599
Hi nyota, It depends on whether you are public or private. I'm going public and most doctors will organise your scan for 12wks. My own doctor did all my bloods for me, so I didn't get a scan until 20wks. Generally speaking, you get your 1st scan at 12wks..
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I'm having my babs in Mullingar & my scan is not until 4th March - I got my letter ages ago. That will make me nearly 15 weeks by the time I see them & I haven't even been told I'll definitely be scanned then! Are you public or private? I'm going public.
winnie d pooh Posts: 139
I'm going public in Mullingar and I had my first and only scan at 13 weeks, I went to the doctor around the 6 week mark to get the pregnancy confirmed and then I got the appointment from the hospital within a week or two.
Salander Posts: 1639
Got the letter this morning have app for 1st of April so I will be 15 weeks then and it didn't say if i will be scanned - hope so! roll on April!! going public. Thanks Ladies at least I know im not alone! good luck Mullingar mammies to be!! :o)ll
Good luck to you in Mullingar as well nyota.. and best of luck with you pregnancy!!! :wv
Sweetcheeks08 Posts: 317
I'm a mullingar mammy to be too! Best of luck to all of us :o)ll
[quote="Sweetcheeks08":wqvednth]I'm a mullingar mammy to be too! Best of luck to all of us :o)ll[/quote:wqvednth] Same as! When are you all due?
I'm due in June... and you???
August - you will have to let me know how you get on!!! What consultant are you with? I'm with Dr. Thmas - haven't been to hospital yet though!