Mulranny Park Wedding Fair

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

elizajane Posts: 631
Hey wollies Just wondering if anyone is heading to the wedding fair on Sunday next or was anyone at a previous one there - just wondering if its worth the trip down from Dublin when we've all the major bits already booked?
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
Hey elizajane.. I'm heading down to it just to show my parents as they haven't been to it yet, so I'm home for the weekend anyway. I've everything pretty much booked but more just to see it all done up again, and have a chat with Sinead as we haven't actually met her yet!!
hopeful13 Posts: 501
hi there, judging by your ticker, you're the month after us. We thought about heading down to it but figured we have all our suppliers sorted and i'm sure staff will be too busy talking to prospective customers so not much point in making the trek. We're going to meet Sinead a few weeks later to go through menus & stuff
Hey girlies, Ya - to be honest im in two minds - would love to see some different types of table layouts etc but hope not to be disappointed by making the journey down - might email Sinead and ask for a list of ppl that will be at the fair displaying! Havent made any plans re meeting Sinead about menu's etc - when (july 2nd is D Day!) should i look to sit down with her about these thing? Was kinda thinking that if i wait till the new year their 2010 prices may be a bit less than when we booked in 2008! :thnk :thnk :thnk
jebus, hadn't even thought of menus,.. was planning on leaving that til about a month before the wedding ... not leaving it too late am I ?!?!
hopeful13 Posts: 501
same as ye - booked in 2008 for wedding in 2010. They said at the time that prices might go up by about 5% but from what i've been told their prices for 2010 aren't going up at all. Apparently they've changed the menu a bit but they're sending out the 2010 brochures in the next few days. I'm sure there'll be a little bit of bargaining to be done on a few things. I was also told that they've reduced their accommodation cost - down from €95pps to €79pps ...... delighted with that cos it was working out very expensive for guests to stay there
Hadnt heard that about accomodation - that would be great! Are ye sending out "Save the date" cards - I dont plan on but have 280 on list so probably about 250 staying (everyone will be pretty much staying over) and kinda afraid that cos its the summer that if ppl dont book early they wont get to stay in Hotel or appartments so thinking about sending a text to ppl asking them to book accomodation - that to me would be the only reason i;d do sauve the date cards! Thinking about texting/talking to key ppl and getting them to sort accomodation - as in one of say Dads sisters to get the family on his side to get their accomodation booked..... oh this is when the fun will start!!!
same as you elizajane.. currently 300 on the invite list with an expected 260 to sit.. and 90% staying over.. and already heard that there's a wedding on the Friday before our wedding on the Saturday so all the people travelling will have to find somewhere else already... grrr! don't they know I need the rooms :o0 :o0 I think there's plenty of accomodation in Mulranny besides, with holiday cottages etc, so hopefully they'll be fine.. honestly though, once the bridal suite is booked, I'm not planning on worrying too much :wv
bubblegum Posts: 340
Any feedback from the fare? Having wedding there in Sept but We weren't able to make ther fare?? :wv
Hey there, The wedding fair was good (not great but good) As ya can see from previous post i've most of the bigger bits done and i suppose if i was still looking to book a band/dj/videographer i'd have found it more useful. I did find it worth it as i picked up a couple of bits of info re flowers and wine. Met with the lady who does the flowers in the hotel - they're including a few bits extra now - i.e. top table is been dressed from one end to the other with flowers and candles (she'd pics to show) instead of with just the centre piece that the used to have. The arch at the door into the room, that contains artificial flowers is still there but now includes fresh flowers too and looks much much bettter the pillars - they're getting rid of the artificial ivy thing that they used to hang from the top of the pillar and are instead decorating them in fresh flowers to incorporate your colour scheme - these things are picky i know but they are things that had been on my mind and now resting more easily now that i know they're been improved! (Seemingly the new manager doesnt like artificial) They had two guys there also from two different wine suppliers. they're new wines on their list (no loss - i'm no wine expert but even i knew that that cono sur one left a bit to be desired!!!) and now from what i can gather you can choose your wine from the supplier and the hotel then buys them in from that supplier - was toying with the idea of going up the north - tasted one there for €14 from one supplier that was very nice so was thinking that even if i got corkage bargined down in the hotel to €5 and got wine fairly cheap up the north, by the time i;d petrol put in the car and the wine bought and brought down to mulranny and the time involved in it that u probably wouldnt save too much at the end of the day. Have a couple of photos of table centres and if you pm me with your email address i'll send them onto you.