Music for Barnabrow House

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fij Posts: 16
I'm getting married in Barnabrow house in East cork next June. At the moment I'm doing a bit of research into bands in the Cork area. Can anyone who got married or is getting married in Barnabrow let me know what band they went for and how it worked out? I'm just a bit concerned as the room with the dancefloor is pretty limited space wise and was wondering what size of a band will fit comfortably. Really appreciate any advice you might have! :o)ll
Occasions Posts: 76
Hi Fij, We have had a number of different weddings bands play in Barnabrow House Hotel from one man bands right up to 7 piece bands and the feedback has always been great! Most bands will be able to adjust their set up and sound to suit all venue types and sizes. Please let me know if I can help you find your Wedding Entertainment, by phone on 021 4961000 or email [email protected], Kind Regards, Nessa www.occasions.ie
flash123 Posts: 30
Having our wedding there in 11 days :-) We booked a band called The Ratzingers - they are a Dublin band that do jazz, swing and contemporary......they come as a 3/5/7 piece (we are having the 5 piece). They have no played there before but we have already told them its a small venue so they said that they will change the volume accordingly. Go for the band that you want - they can alter it for the venue :-)
AoifeG Posts: 54
I was at a wedding there 2 years ago and Kieran Kramer played - he was great, highly recommend him!
ianhendrickband Posts: 301
Hi Fij, We've played Barnabrow Hse many times down through the years. We just use a smaller PA. I also try to set up in the morning if there is room so there isn't any time wasted after the meal & speeches. As you may know Barnabrow ask that the music is stopped by 1:30am therefore getting the music started on time is important down there. Check out our site at www.ianhendrickband.com and see what you think. You can also contact me @ 0214880644 or 0868489174 & [email protected] Kind Regards Ian Hendrick