Music for the ceremony

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DaltonToBe Posts: 130
Hi Wollies, I'm having a civil ceremony and was just wondering if anyone knows the format of how many songs we need for the ceremony? Obviously i'll need two for myself and the bridal party walking down the aisle. But does anyone know how many other songs I'll need?? thanks
appassionata Posts: 45
Hi there Daltontobe :wv There can be slight variations in where music is placed in civil ceremonies, due to personal taste, the Registrar, how many readings you might be having. In general, in our experience, this is when music might be played: Processional - (music) (In civil ceremonies, this might tend to be just one song for both bridesmaids and bride, however, it would depend on length of aisle, how many bridesmaids etc..!) Introduction by the Registrar Candle Ceremony (music) Readings/Music (or one of each?) First Declaration (after which there could be a short musical interlude) Second Declaration Ring Ceremony (some people have soft music whilst this is happening played here) Signing of the Register (A good opportunity for your favourite song!) Registrar's Conclusion Recessional (music) Really how much of the music you add is up to you! A civil ceremony, although moving and special can sometimes feel short, and some couples like to add plenty of music so they have moments to catch their breath! I hope that's been of some help to you! Wishing you all the best with your wedding planning!
lulu126 Posts: 1095
We're having a civil ceremony and we've booked a harpist to play during it. We chose music for me walking up the aisle, signing the register and then for the end when we leave together.
Boo2012 Posts: 315
[quote="lulu126":3d0o53qt]We're having a civil ceremony and we've booked a harpist to play during it. We chose music for me walking up the aisle, signing the register and then for the end when we leave together.[/quote:3d0o53qt] +1 that's what the Registrar has told us we can have during the ceremony as well three songs - walking up the aisle, signing the register and going back down the aisle.