Music for "The LOnesome Boatman"?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Linda H Posts: 1151
Hey All, Does anyone know where I can source the sheet music for this? Thanks a Lot O-O
marianf Posts: 5845
I would imagine that you could get that in McCullough Piggott or Waltons in Dublin.
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
hi bride1307 - here's a link to the sheet music. http://unitedireland.tripod.com/id236.html (I hope that's not for me to do - I never did master the tin whistle despite the fact that I went to classes for a year :o0 Not sure I can do a classical version of the Lonesome Boatman >:o) It would be different though :o0 Hope all the planning's going well O-O Siobhán PS If the music's a bit blurry you should be able to get hold of it in Pro Musica in Oliver Plunkett Street
OctMrsC Posts: 774
Try copy and paste with this link: http://unitedireland.tripod.com/id236.html
monkeybear Posts: 1926
I love this tune, I was getting my dad to teach it to me, well trying to master the first few notes till im home next, If you can't get hold of the music soon, I can get a copy of it from my dad and post it to you, if you like Are you using it in the ceremony? Its such a beautiful tune
Hi All, Thanks for the replies. No Siobhan, your off the hook there, don't worry. Was thinking of getting my flower girl to play it maybe at some stage during the ceremony. What do you al think, would it be suitable? Thanks again O-O
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
[quote="bride1307":18bvxkdi]No Siobhan, your off the hook there, don't worry. [/quote:18bvxkdi] Phew - thought I had to back to classes there for a while :o0 [quote="bride1307":18bvxkdi]Was thinking of getting my flower girl to play it maybe at some stage during the ceremony. What do you al think, would it be suitable?[/quote:18bvxkdi] awww....very cute! S
Thank Siobhan, Hopefully it won't be too advanced for her xx