Music in the labour room?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsberries Posts: 462
Just wondering your opinions on music in the delivery room? im afraid if I bring in cds ill forever associate my favourite music with pain and blood!!!
wwwife Posts: 948
No not for me, no amout of music or anything else for that matter would have helped to relax me apart from when I heard my babys cry thats when I relaxed. I had 2 straight forward labours and there could have been an army in my ward and I wouldnt of cared. Now thats just me depends who you are it could work for you, but my mission was to have a baby and I knew no matter what was going to happen i would not be going in there to relax lol. Good luck I hope someone who has done it has other opoinions for you hun :stork:
Daff Posts: 11644
I was raging afterwards that we never brought any in. We were listening to something like Lite FM and kept playing songs I hated - but have to say now I hear them and think 'ah, that was playing when DD was born' :o0 I will put a few of my own CD's in my labour bag this time, more to take my mind of it. I can belt out a few Boyzone songs in between contractions :o0
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I would love to take some cds with me and listen to them during labour. I want more pop music and not easy listening music for it. I never would have thought of associating the songs with the pain. I am just afraid that I will leave them behind me or something like that.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Midwife put radio on for me in labour room
ttc_bfp_opk_wtf Posts: 682
[quote="littlemisshopeful":25vwxas9] I am just afraid that I will leave them behind me or something like that.[/quote:25vwxas9] At our antenatal classes they told us this was really common and suggested putting your name on anything you bring in.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Yes ttc... I will do that or else get DH to put a load of music onto a blank cd for me and then if it goes astray I will still have the originals at home.