Music Music Music

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lmbride12 Posts: 10
hi, kinda tearing my hair out O:| , my h2b wants a rock/alternative style band for our wedding but i have tried to explain that you have to get a band to suit everyone..... does anyone have any recommendations???
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Hin-have you both gone to see potential bands play a WEDDING? I've seen certain bands play in a pub and they were fab and I've seen the same band at a wedding and they were crap. My advice would be to pick a few you both want and go and see them play at a wedding. Good luck! :wv
starbar10 Posts: 991
We had a Blues Brothers Tribute Band, which is what DH wanted. Noone complained, in fact we got complimented that we didn't go down the "normal" route. At the end of the day its yours and your H2B's decision and you should decide on something that you like
MrsK2012 Posts: 905
I recommend 'The Poor Boys' for a band.....we booked them after going to see a LOT of bands!Such nice guys & excellent musicians as well as being very reasonable :o)ll They are not your typical wedding band as in they don't play too much cheese but yet they have a great setlist & play waltz's & jives for the oldies so everyone is happy!Ye shud definitely check them out :)
Char27 Posts: 376
Maybe check out The Urge, they have the whole wedding band with a rock edge thing going on but definately a crowd pleaser
Char27 Posts: 376
Actually the Bounty Hunters as well....they do everything from acdc to johnny cash and lady gaga. PM me if you want details for either of those :-)
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
We've booked a band called the enemies from Drogheda. They are thurs regulars in a pub (McPhails) and I'm asking them to play as much of there pub set as poss as well as a few wedding stuff. Was a little worried about the pub to wedding thing but have had friends and parents in laws attend 3 weddings where they played and everyone said they were fab.
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
Also to add that with H2b being a musician i know that any good band would be more then delighted to play something a little different. There is one wedding band I know who are amazing musicians in there own right who I would go to watch in a pub but would not book as a wedding band as they are playing the same set list day in day out and are bored silly which comes across in the music. So mayb if you have a band you like in a pub ask them to do that set list and throw in a few waltzes for the oldies.