my 2yr old broke off half my front tooth.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aperature Posts: 280
...with the sweeping brush this afternoon. MY front tooth, not his! its bloody awful...it would be my front tooth wouldn't it. what do i do? see dentist tomorrow i guess. what will he do? anyone any advice? is it going to cost a fortune? :o(
puddin2 Posts: 1093
Oh no! You poor thing! Is there much gone off it?? I broke my own front tooth when I was 10 - playing chasing in the school yard! I got a few caps when I was young and when I had braces. When the braces were off I got a veneer which lasted just about 10 years. Then got a crown 5 years ago but it is not lasting as well so might need a replacement before the wedding (was defo not in the budget and I am out of work at the moment :eek ) If you need a crown it could cost up to €800 but you can send in the Med1 form for some tax back from it. But go to the dentist and see what he/she says.
aperature Posts: 280
thanks so much for replying. ....it doesnt hurt at all and i took a drink of cold water and no feeling at all so i doubt theres any nerve damage which is a good thing. id say its about 1/4 chipped, not half anyhow. the bottom part and its crooked. i look awful :( plus im 8mth pregnant so i dont know if they can do xrays or what...ahhh and i can't do anything about it until the morning and hopefully i'll get an appointment. i swear if DS wasn't so cute,i'd kill him! i could really do without this. boohoo.
hils138 Posts: 680
My two front teeth are broken for years. I have a cap on them which is like a white filling (and close to filling price). I get mine redone about every 7-10 years which is quite long timespan. It is a painless procedure, the sensation can be icky at times but not sore. Good luck