My baby girls names which are your favourites? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zowiebowie Posts: 300
I voted for Amber, its a lovely name. Love Georgia too, its really pretty and feminine I'm not mad about India for the very reasons you stated - i wouldn't want to give other kids ammunition to pick on her - kids can be so insensitive.
Littlebo Posts: 2598
Love Lola and like Molly too but two of my friends have a Molly so if it were me I'd go with Lola.
candypants Posts: 8575
I voted Lola, its sooo cute. Love Georgia too.
Emomc Posts: 2069
Voted for India, think its lovely :lvs
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
I voted for Amber - lovely name.
reine Posts: 1771
[quote="round2":2ovbovgm]I found it hard to vote because they are all really unusual names. I picked an unusual name for my lo and I totally regret it. People say the craziest things about her name it's really insulting. I feel guilty that she has to have that name now, even though I still like it. I know I should just ignore people but I find it hard. That's just my twopence worth!![/quote:2ovbovgm] Really? That's so mean that they make fun of her name. Is it really different? I prefer unusual names cause I'd hate my child to be in class with 5 other people of the same name. Common names do nothing for me. OP, my favourites on your list are Lola and India. Did you ever see the drama I'll Take Manhattan in the early 90s? Julianne Moore played a girl called India! Obviously, Julianne has red hair and the name really suited her so don't let thoughts of that put you off.
YummyMummy2b Posts: 108
Ah thanks Reine-I really do love India!!!I just think I need a little more convincing-H2B loves it too! I cant believe how popular its doing in my little WOL poll!! I have never met anyone called India!!:)
lolabelle Posts: 3311
My daughter has a very very unusual name. I didn't want to call her an unimaginative bland name and while it may be the first time people have ever heard it I've only ever had compliments on it. She is always told how beautiful her name is. I've never come across another child with that name and I'm happy about it. There are too many Sarahs, Emmas, Daisys, Mollys already (no offense to anyone with kids of those names its just my opinion) Its time for some imagination! ETA I, of course, voted for Lola because I adore that name!
candypants Posts: 8575
Lolabelle i would LOVE to know your DD's name......
lolabelle Posts: 3311
I PM'd ya candypants :wv :wv