Menu

my big fat fabulous wedding!! my a*se!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sandym Posts: 774
Was anyone else watching this...these people are spendin 2 million dollars upwards on their weddings and ive never seen anything as discgusting in my life..i mean kids starcving and all that and this stupid WAG or what ever they are called over there is having hissy fits over what colour diamonds she wants and is soending $250,000 on flowers O:| $500,000 on a breacelet she will never wear again O:| $500,000 on chadeliers O:| $120,000 on a wedding dress O:| and $460,000 on food for her reception O:| .. i mean COME ON!!! Ridiculous..I was sickened watching it..or am I just jealous? >:o( Dunno..have a touch of PMT today so maybe thats it but it makes me sick when me and h2b are working so hard to get the money together for the venue and these flippers could buy a small country for what they are spending on pre reception drinks!!!! Rant Over :o0
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
It's all relative. What's the average price of an Irish wedding? 30K or thereabouts. A lot of people would find that sickening.
MrsRugby Posts: 1532
The expense on weddings these days is just sickening. People can just go completely over board
Valkstar Posts: 2747
[quote="sandym":2nrujw9i]Was anyone else watching this...these people are spendin 2 million dollars upwards on their weddings and ive never seen anything as discgusting in my life..i mean kids starcving and all that and this stupid WAG or what ever they are called over there is having hissy fits over what colour diamonds she wants and is soending $250,000 on flowers O:| $500,000 on a breacelet she will never wear again O:| $500,000 on chadeliers O:| $120,000 on a wedding dress O:| and $460,000 on food for her reception O:| .. i mean COME ON!!! Ridiculous..I was sickened watching it..or am I just jealous? >:o( Dunno..have a touch of PMT today so maybe thats it but it makes me sick when me and h2b are working so hard to get the money together for the venue and these flippers could buy a small country for what they are spending on pre reception drinks!!!! Rant Over :o0[/quote:2nrujw9i] Yes, but what people here in Ireland are spending on venues etc. could keep some poor families supported for a year. Like LGFAK said....it's all relative.
she Posts: 3298
[quote="Valkstar":35jhtxtk][quote="sandym":35jhtxtk]Was anyone else watching this...these people are spendin 2 million dollars upwards on their weddings and ive never seen anything as discgusting in my life..i mean kids starcving and all that and this stupid WAG or what ever they are called over there is having hissy fits over what colour diamonds she wants and is soending $250,000 on flowers O:| $500,000 on a breacelet she will never wear again O:| $500,000 on chadeliers O:| $120,000 on a wedding dress O:| and $460,000 on food for her reception O:| .. i mean COME ON!!! Ridiculous..I was sickened watching it..or am I just jealous? >:o( Dunno..have a touch of PMT today so maybe thats it but it makes me sick when me and h2b are working so hard to get the money together for the venue and these flippers could buy a small country for what they are spending on pre reception drinks!!!! Rant Over :o0[/quote:35jhtxtk] Yes, but what people here in Ireland are spending on venues etc. could keep some poor families supported for a year. Like LGFAK said....it's all relative.[/quote:35jhtxtk] Totally agree with this. While I might think that 60k is an obscence amount of money to spend on a wedding someone else may think that 10k is too much.
knitter Posts: 183
I read this morning (in the utterly reliable SINDO) that Collen and Wayne (of Man Utd) are spending £3.7m on their wedding? Is is possible to spend that much or is it a typo or did I read it wrong???? plus all the ladies have to wear black so she is more noticeable O:|
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
[quote="knitter":k9izo1ua]I read this morning (in the utterly reliable SINDO) that Collen and Wayne (of Man Utd) are spending £3.7m on their wedding? Is is possible to spend that much or is it a typo or did I read it wrong???? plus all the ladies have to wear black so she is more noticeable O:|[/quote:k9izo1ua] That's probably like us spending the 30,000 reigion on our wedding. I'm of the opinion if you have it spend it as you can't take the money with you.
nic1 Posts: 136
it's def all relative, my sisters were working in a country club in the states on a j1 last year. the first function (bar mitzvah) they worked at the chef told them it wasn't really "top drawer" as the flowers only cost $10,000!
sandym Posts: 774
yeah i suppose your all right..like was said above 10,000 euro is a life changin amount of money to some people so in the grand scheme of things if these people are multi millionaires 3 million doesnt seem a lot to spend..it was just the attitude of the brides to everything..really snotty and snobby and they were better then everyone else and were constantly trying to out do everyone..and there were add breaks in between with concern asking for 7 euro a month becasue all these poor children were starving to death and when the wedding show came back on I was sickened but for all i know they donate loads to charity..it just annoyed be at the time but i take all your points. still find it a bit sickening though :o0
LAdancer Posts: 445
SandyM I was watching it too. I think the brides just were money mad. One of brides was just so 'everything has to be blingtasitc' and 'I love my H2B cause he can go out and to any designer and buy me a wardrobe of clothes and I'll wear it. He just knows how to dress me' (that was her reason for falling in love with him) Then I noticed when he told her he loved her, she wouldn't look him in the eye and say I love you too, at which she turned to a guest and said 'did you see the yellow diamond earrings he got me'. I didn't have a problem with the money they were spending as if I had it I would definitly go all out. It was just that the brides just were spolit b***h's although I suppose that even brides that aren't spending that can be too haha xx