My birth story :)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happyfeet Posts: 1316
Ok girls thought id sit down and put together my birth story as i know i always enjoyed reading them! Still cant believe im actually writing this! Really doesn’t seem that long ago I was posting my bfp! :eek Well I woke up on Sunday morn (11th May – 4 days before due date) early and had been having BH’s quite often thru the night. When I went to the loo and wiped there was brown goo like stuff on the tissue. I got quite excited when I seen this as I assumed it was a show! I then posted on the forum about it to see if anyone else had something similar ([url:21tmaa86]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=1520453&highlight=&sid=13a93931760aa129adb4b80f05bda280#1520453[/url:21tmaa86] ) Well I telephoned the hospital and described this to the midwife – she said it sounded like a show and for me just to take some paracetmol for the pains and see how I go. I was soo excited – told dh that this was it and something was defo going to happen real soon! Well dh went to work and during the course of the day the pains eased off. I was disappointed but kept thinking of the show and really hoped something was starting. Later on that day when dh had finished up work we went for a drive and got a take away – the pains had came back! I was delighted! I went for a big walk around the local park to encourage things along. Back home and went to bed around 10.30pm – I woke about 12ish with more pains. They were keeping me awake – so about 1.30 I started to time them on my mobile. They were 10mins apart! I then woke dh up and told him I thought things were starting so we came downstairs and watched a bit of telly together. We were both soo excited and nervous! Telephoned hospital at 3am as the contractions were about 7mins apart by this stage. Was advised to come in to get checked out. I was coping well with the pains so we decided to have some breakfast and get ourselves sorted before hitting the road – nice shower and tasty breakfast and we were off!!! Was the strangest feeling in the world packing my cases into the car thinking next time im in the car I could have my baby!! Anyways, got to the hospital about 5.30am and I was examined and I was 2cm! I was delighted that this was actually it – I was going to have my baby! We got admitted to a nice cosy room and dh and I just sat and chatted and watched telly. By about 9am the contractions were coming about 4mins apart. They were strong and I tried to control my breathing through them. A few hours later I was given the gas and air to help with the contractions. I felt a bit sick at the start with it but after a while it was ok. I got examined again about lunch time and I was 6cm. So things were coming along nicely! Contractions were very strong and I was still breathing through them. Measured again at around 4pm and I was 8cm – was very tired at this stage and in a lot of pain but I just kept thinking about getting my baby in my arms and that’s what kept me going. It was hard work tho! Poor dh – it was very hard on him too seeing me in so much pain and he kept saying to me to take something to help. But I just had it in my head I wanted to do this as naturally as I can! (Insane I know!) Well around 6pm I was fully dilated – I was ready to push! Tho I had no energy at all! I was drained and frightened with the pains. Was only then i was begging the midwife to give me pain relief but of course it was too late for this!! :ooh :o0 Dh was amazing and I don’t think I could have done it without him :lvs . He kept me going. Pushed for just over an hour and my baby girl was born! The pain just disappeared in an instant!! I was shaking all over and they placed her on to my belly. I just kept saying over and over “oh my god I have a baby girl!”. Dh cut the cord and they took her over to get weighed. I had to get stitches internally – which wasn’t very nice! All I wanted was to sit there and hold my baby but it took a good 20mins to get stitched. But once that was all done I got to hold my baby girl again – it was amazing!! I was totally in love with her. She was worth every minute of it and if you told me I had to do that all again to keep her – I would in flash! Hope you have enjoyed reading this – good luck to all the mums to be – it is 100% worth it all to have your baby in your arms safe and well.
delgirl Posts: 1706
Lovely birth story - well done on the birth of your baby girl and going through all that on gas and air. Enjoy every minute of your baby girl. :lvs
mrscat Posts: 1082
Great story, wow to you! Well done girl. enjoy every minute!.
july7812 Posts: 1787
Great to read your birth story happyfeet - fair play to you going without any pain relief - know I couldn't manage that myself. Congrats again on the safe arrival of your little princess - what name did you give her. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
January Baby Posts: 1427
Awh Congrats again Happyfeet, that was a really nice birth story - you did fantastic with just the gas & air! You sound soo happy, best of luck with everything now & welcome to your little baby daughter. Take care :lvs
aronan78 Posts: 289
Huge congratulations to you and your hubbie and a big welcome to your baby girl. You were very brave,fair play to you. Wishing you all, years of good health and happiness :lvs Oh what did you call her?
Poppit Posts: 2042
Oh happyfeet :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I still cant believe you are a mammy :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll What a lovely and positive birth story and one that gives me hope. I too want to give birth as naturally as poss but i get laughed at and negative comments when i tell anyone this. I will go in with open mind tho... What will be will be and if i end up begging for epi, so be it... Fair play to you tho. How are you finding motherhood? Am so happy for you and Mr Happy feet. Poppit xxx
sinion Posts: 6050
oh you've given me shivers all over reading that, fantastic story! Well done for getting through it so well, I can only hope I can do the same. congrats on your little lady xx
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
[color=blue:3a7ehur0][size=200:3a7ehur0][b:3a7ehur0][i:3a7ehur0]HappyFeet!!!!![/i:3a7ehur0][/b:3a7ehur0][/size:3a7ehur0] [/color:3a7ehur0] Congratulations, can't belive you are a Mammy already. Seems like it was only last month you were posting about positive thinking in TTC ! That is a really lovely birth story :lvs :lvs :lvs I have tears in my eyes reading it. [/b]
sinion Posts: 6050
[quote="Poppit":1wrcid5l]Oh happyfeet :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I still cant believe you are a mammy :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll What a lovely and positive birth story and one that gives me hope. [b:1wrcid5l]I too want to give birth as naturally as poss but i get laughed at [/b:1wrcid5l]and negative comments when i tell anyone this. I will go in with open mind tho... What will be will be and if i end up begging for epi, so be it... Fair play to you tho. How are you finding motherhood? Am so happy for you and Mr Happy feet. Poppit xxx[/quote:1wrcid5l] the same for me, anyone i've mentioned it to just laughs and makes me feel so foolish and naive but I still am quite adamant! So it's great to read stories like this, so proud of you Happyfeet. God i'm just thinking back since we were in TTC and now you have your gorgeous baby!