Menu

My birth story

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roxychick Posts: 1802
Well Ladies here's my birth story finally. I was 3 days overdue the day I went into labour. I had had 4 shows for over a week before this but no sign of anything else. Felt completely normal the day I had him. Went shopping that day for 2 hours (was the 1st time I had been walking in weeks because I was trying to avoid the swine flu) I felt like there was a pop or something down below and went to the loo to check if it was my waters. It was another show- pink this time not red like the other ones. Then a few minutes later I got a pain. They started getting stronger instantly and were coming every 3 minutes. I put on my tens machine and Dh put DS1 to bed and we headed for the hospital. I had such pressure in the car and could barely sit down, every bump in the road was torture. Luckily there was no traffic and we were in the hospital in half an hour. I was told to go to the waiting room when I got there and thought I'd never be examined. The pains were coming every minute now. The midwife examined me and told me that I was 7 cm :eek . No time for epidural. I was wheeled up to the delivery suite straightaway and grabbed the gas and air. It was such a relief to get it. Didn't find it good at all with DS1. Felt like I was in my own little world, there could have been millions of people around me and I wouldn't have noticed. They put me on a syntocin drip because the baby's heartbeat was going flat, broke my waters and after 2/3 pushes he was out. I was totally in shock when they gave him to me and took a few hours to sink in. He weighed 9lbs 4oz :eek and I didn't have to have any stitches. So the labour was less than 2 hours in total. Couldn't have asked for a better labour. Totally different to my first one Thanks for reading. Not as short as I thought it would be :wv
Mammypig Posts: 832
Wow that was quick. Congrats, lovely story!
alton Posts: 3077
roxy that's a great story! congratulations.
cheerio Posts: 275
Congrats, great story :wv
short n sweet Posts: 1802
Can I have one of those labours please :o0 Great story thanks for sharing - how are you finding life with 2 now?
delgirl Posts: 1706
congrats roxychick - wow quick labour - well done :o)ll
Service Finder
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Oh wow I am so jealous it sounds like a great birth experience! Congrats to you all!
kala Posts: 1937
congrats Roxychick, so jealous of you having 2 natural labours. i'd do anything for a natural labour
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
wow that was certainly quick-congratulations :o)ll
roxychick Posts: 1802
My first one wasn't natural Kala. Had the epidural