My bridesmaids lack of interest update..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Poshtotty Posts: 241
:o( I had to again chase up my bridesmaids... I needed to find out if they were coming on my hen's in 6 weeks time. They have been avoiding giving me a straight answer for a while now. One text me saying that she couldnt afford it & that she was sorry & the other text saying that she might look at flights tomorrow & she hopes to come over for 1 night out of the 2. I booked my hen's around March time, in my opnion that was plenty of notice. THEY ARE MY BRIDESMAIDS how can they not be there?? They have known about the wedding & being bridesmaids for the last 18 months & still they have not booked their flights over here for our wedding which is now in 3 months time. Are they going to turn around & say that they cant now afford it (because they left it so late to book) They were told to book early, its sooo frustrating & im really annoyed & upset. One of my bridesmaids got married 4 years ago & I booked flights for her hen's & flights again for her wedding which was only two weeks after her hen's, she didnt once have to chase me up to do this & I wasnt even her bridesmaid. I was around her house the day before helping her with final bits for her wedding.
Poshtotty Posts: 241
Should have put this is the 'let off steam' section :-8
Cairn Posts: 313
Oh poor you poshtotty. You don't need this crap coming up to your big day. I don't know what to say to you only that I hope you get it sorted out for your own sake. It's very bad of them not to have booked the flights when you gave so much notice. :action32 :action32 Hope you feel better soon.
vidia Posts: 2960
Thats really not nice, they had plenty of notice and if they were concerned about money after accepting your request to be BM, then they should have contacted you to tell you. They must be soooooo thoughtless to put this on you a few months before your wedding, I cant offer any advice but maybe ask them straight out and put it to bed! Witches..
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
thats SH I T E i found that with some friends of mine, i felt that they were much more important to me than i was to them and when i stopped making the effort to see what happened, they stopped getting in contact. there and then i knew they weren't for me. its unfortunate they're ruining such a special time for you!"!!!!
away with the fairies x Posts: 392
as hard as it may be - i would let them off. They know when the hen is....and TBH if it was me and my bridesmaids didnt make my hen I would seriously consider keeping them as bridesmaids for my big day. Might be time to cut your loses with them
messi Posts: 234
Could cost be an issue for them, how mucha re flights where is hen wedding etc. A lot of people are under financial pressure at the moment but may not wish to say so it could explain their reluctance.
cbb1982 Posts: 317
Very bad form from your BM
Jawl Posts: 8881
Hey on first reading this, I thought it might be a money issue. Does it involve flights to another country for both your hen night and your wedding? If so, it probably is a financial issue. But even so, I'd have made plenty provision if I was given the honor of being bridesmaid. I am starting to see at the moment, just who my friends really are. And same with some family members. I guess weddings will show you who and who isn't a genuine friend. Shame it's your BM's though. Hope it all works out in the end.
Jawl Posts: 8881
Hey on first reading this, I thought it might be a money issue. Does it involve flights to another country for both your hen night and your wedding? If so, it probably is a financial issue. But even so, I'd have made plenty provision if I was given the honor of being bridesmaid. I am starting to see at the moment, just who my friends really are. And same with some family members. I guess weddings will show you who and who isn't a genuine friend. Shame it's your BM's though. Hope it all works out in the end.