My car electrocutes me

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

thefairytree Posts: 354
Every single time i get in or out of my car the bloody door electrocutes me, im jumping all over the place :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll and shouting aloud to no one like a crazed women :-8 , its gets my hand all the time but if i accidently tip my shoulder off the door it gets me there too, if i hit my foot off the door getting out it gets my foot, my oh says its static between me and the car and to only tip the glass!! I think my car hates me :o0 please someone save me and give me a solution to this problem i cant take it ;o(
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi, While getting out, be sure to put your foot on the ground before letting go of the car. Also dont wear runners! P
bridey99 Posts: 550
Try touching the tip of your car key off the metal on the door before you touch it with any part of your body.
madhairday Posts: 1116
i thought i was the only one that happened to, it happens to me more in the warmer weather than the cold :o)ll
Synergy Posts: 2768
It happens to me all the time too! I push the window part when opening my door. I now nearly have the fear of God of getting that tiny electric shock just cos I know it's gonna happen! I also get them off trolleys and my mam :eek
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i get it off my car too!! but only getting out, i think its from sliding my butt on seat getting out!! cause static! i touch my knuckle on the back door when i stand up, makes me in control of the shock!! then i touch my door to close it. sometimes doesnt work and i too end up screaming about the place like a mad yolk!! get static off trolleys, ok when holding the pusher part but if you accidentally touch the metal part of trolley, well then im in fear of it for the whole shop!! (who else calls the monthly grocery shopping trip THE SHOP?? going to do monthly shop!! anyone??) sorry i digress!! im scared of my car, trolleys, sometimes ppl, often my patients and hospital beds!! worst ones EVER!!
marles Posts: 1397
The same thing happens to me,in my car.Not when I drive my Dad's car or Mum's car. I also get a shock from trollies-sometimes,It's like Russian Roulette,never know if it will go my way!
sawyer Posts: 355
I'm almost sure that you can buy rubber strips to stop this that you can put onto the car. something like this i think http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/store ... yId_212457
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Was just going to say to get an anti static strip. They are the business.
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
Used to happen to me in my old car where we had a metal gearstick. Everytime I got out I jumped out of my skin Since changing cars to one without a metal gearstick I haven't had the problem Always get it though in shopping centres on the escalator