my dress arrived !! what now

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lilac80 Posts: 105
Hi girl My dress and 3 x bridesmaid arrived from America yesterday (I bought them from house of brides) and they are out of this world :o)ll as you can guess i am delighted with them!! Everything fits perfect only have to taken up same with the bm's. Anyway i was just wondering what way will i store them?? they just came in plastic bags, i have bm's hanging in my spare room at mo with my dress spread across the bed with door lock from H2b, as i am not getting married till May this is obvisoulsly not a long term solution, is there a special cover i can buy for the dress ?? have plenty of storage room in house so that not a prob its more the covering of the dress im worried about. Question 2 :-8 Anybody that bought dress online how did the get creases out for the wedding , did they leave them into the dry cleaners or steam them there selfs? Sorry for blabbering on but soooooo excited bout my dress and just want to get it safe and out of site of H2B Thanks all answers welcome :wv
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Ah dont hang your bridemaids up in the spare room its not very fair on them, Im sure they need to go to work :o0 :o0 :o0 As for the dress I have heard that hanging it up with a sheet over it will do the trick. Dont leave it in the plastic it will sweat. Any dry cleaners should be able to steam the dresses for you :wv
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
On the receipt that came with mine it said to hang a clean sheet or duvet cover over it. Still didn't do it though :-8
early days Posts: 691
[quote="fifibear":1wdvqu81]Ah dont hang your bridemaids up in the spare room its not very fair on them, Im sure they need to go to work :o0 :o0 :o0 :wv[/quote:1wdvqu81] :o0 :o0 :o0 Lilac80, I got a breathable storage bag on Ebay, hangerworld was the seller. It was about €10-€15 and dress is now hanging up safe and sound. Whoever does the alterations for you will surely press it too, that;s what I'm counting on anyway!
sillymoo Posts: 337
i have mine hanging with a sheet over it! seems to be doing the trick,
yaizabride Posts: 136
my cousin put an old duvet cover over hers and it was fine, you can also buy a cover for it on www.celebrationsplus.com I saw this the other day and think I'll get one. Getting married abroad so don't want to have to carry my dress in an old duvet lol :o0
ms-not-mrs!! Posts: 287
ohh...reading this makes me so excited. My BM dresses are due to arrive in the next few weeks!!! :o)ll :o)ll Maybe i'll get all three a special bag!! :eek