Menu

My ex’s getting married next month

Go to Relationships

[email protected]
New Wolly

My ex’s getting married next month

Postby [email protected] » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 am

It has been a year already since my ex and I decided to cut everything that connects us. We fell out of love after 6 months of living together. I can’t feel any affection anymore, including that spark I felt when we met in a foreign bride social some years ago. Now, I heard the news about him marrying. I know I should be happy for him but a part of me is missing him. I want to make sure if I’m totally done with him, that’s why I plan to see him in a few days from now. Do you think this is a good thing for me to do? I need your thoughts about this.

IMAEEJIT
New Wolly

Re: My ex’s getting married next month

Postby IMAEEJIT » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:27 pm

[email protected] wrote: I want to make sure if I’m totally done with him, that’s why I plan to see him in a few days from now.

And what if you determine *you're not* done with him? What do you expect him to do? Call off his wedding? Leave his wife-to-be standing at the altar so he can ride off on a white horse into the sunset with you?

And, what do YOU plan to do if you realize "you're not done?" Harass and stalk the guy and his new wife? Spend the rest of your life as a spinster pining away for "the one that got away?"

I think meeting up with him is a bad idea and I think the reason you cited for doing so is fooling no one, including you.

Some relationships work out, others don't. It takes two and obviously your ex has moved on. Not to be harsh, but I think you need to pull up your big girl panties and move on, too.

galwaybride16
Mini Wolly

Re: My ex’s getting married next month

Postby galwaybride16 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:11 am

In the same post you said you fell out of love after six months of living together and now that he's with someone else you're missing him.
You're not missing him you're thinking it should be you getting married. Leave him be, he is happy. Don't put any doubts in his mind because you feel envious that someone else is getting what should be yours - ye broke up.

Go to Relationships