my family - aaarrrgghh!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

curliwurli Posts: 3369
hi sorry about this rant - not looking for advice really just need to vent... mum just rang me asking can my younger brother (19) bring my little sisters (10 & 12) down to my house for the night cos her partner is threatening to shoot them all and then himself he has been violent and abusive like this for years but lately it's been getting worse. he found a text on my mum's phone when they were out sat night and didn't recognise the number so he went off on one calling her awful names like prostitute and wh*re in front of the kids and saying he is gonna kill himself and then he got into his jeep and started revving it up outside the house saying he was gonna drive it thru the bedroom window. my mum called the gards and he drove off (eventho he has been put on a driving ban for two years) and the gards met him down the road so he is blaming my mum for that too my mum managed to get a protection order today but he has still called round to the house roaring and threatening her so she has had to call the gards out again. i feel so bad for the situation and of course i wanna help my little sisters but i just feel it's so unfair and she got herself into this mess and should have left him before things got this bad. my little sisters don't even bat an eyelid at his carry on and the youngest one was showing me the suicidal texts he sent to her mobile while i was helping her do her homework last night. she really is amazing - she only got two hours sleep sat night and had to represent the school in a credit union quiz and her team actually won!! the only positive thing is that my mum finally seems to have realised that there is no hope of a future with him as she has tried to leave him before but has always taken him back cos he made her feel guilty. so sorry about that - needed to get it out. dont feel you have to reply - i dunno what i could say if i read this from someone else!! :eek :eek
NowGone Posts: 8042
Good God! :eek :eek :eek I've nothing to say really other than good on your Mum for getting the barring order against him...Look after yourself/yourselves!
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Oh my god :eek thankfully your mam has seen sense and got a barring order. You poor thing, you really have a lot going on at the moment. If it was me what I would do is the best thing for my sisters at the moment not your mam Take care
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
OMG just had to reply pet. Thank god your mum has finally gotten rid of him. She needs to stick to every term of the protection order. Went through all this with my father as a child so I know what its like. Just reading your post has given me the same sick feeling I used to get years ago.
*gone* Posts: 4785
Nicola, just PM'd you there ... jesus that is an awful situation for you all to be in.
[quote="Hokey Cokey":mrjb4vjm]OMG just had to reply pet. Thank god your mum has finally gotten rid of him. She needs to stick to every term of the protection order. Went through all this with my father as a child so I know what its like. Just reading your post has given me the same sick feeling I used to get years ago.[/quote:mrjb4vjm] OMG i'm so sorry i feel so bad that i brought that back for you - i know that feeling all too well. at least it's all over now and i know this will be too eventually. thanks to everyone for replying :thnk
[quote="curly wurly":1rhyf0ko][quote="Hokey Cokey":1rhyf0ko]OMG just had to reply pet. Thank god your mum has finally gotten rid of him. She needs to stick to every term of the protection order. Went through all this with my father as a child so I know what its like. Just reading your post has given me the same sick feeling I used to get years ago.[/quote:1rhyf0ko] OMG i'm so sorry i feel so bad that i brought that back for you - i know that feeling all too well. at least it's all over now and i know this will be too eventually. thanks to everyone for replying :thnk[/quote:1rhyf0ko] OMG I didnt mean to make you feel bad!! :duh: Just wanted you know that I know what you are going through. Sorry!! Hope your little bro and sisters are alright.
what are we like - both apologising. none of it was either of our faults!! :o0
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 well no it was MY fault sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry :o0
*gone* Posts: 4785
[quote="curly wurly":2ojy77cj]what are we like - both apologising. none of it was either of our faults!! :o0[/quote:2ojy77cj] F**k sake, women apologising for something that, yet again, MEN caused! O:| Sometimes I think they should all be put into cages and only let out when WE need them for something ... like opening jars or something important like that!