My first ever wasp sting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Motherfrogger it's painful. I've never had a bee or wasp sting in my life. This morning DH and I decided to tidy up the garden a bit. I grabbed my gardening gloves from the green house to do some weeding and the little fecker was lurking in the little finger. It happened at 11 this morning and it's still throbbing. Between the pain and the fright I was bawling crying at DH (I know, mature :-8 ) especially when he started asking me which hand, eh, the one I'm holding and shaking, and scarcastically correcting me when I said right instead of left. >:o( I feel so bad for little children who get stung.
daffodilbaby Posts: 916
Sprinkle vinegar on sting if it's still sore, got one as a child and mam rang hospital and that was their advice.. Hope it gets better soon :weep
Synergy Posts: 2768
I think it's acid for a wasp (vinegar) and base for a bee (bread soda) They're very sore alright, I remember getting stung in the neck when I was about 7, ouch it throbbed like a b1tch. My dd got stung in the hand by a doctor bee last summer and she was very good, she only cried with the shock for a second, maybe the bread soda worked?
Thanks for the advice ladies, thankfully it's much better today. I don't think the stinger stuck in me but I've the tinest bruise ever! Synergy, your little girl sounds way braver than I was :-8
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
Jees you think you'd be safe from wasps a while longer yet! My friends DS is terrified of them, since he got stung 2 yrs ago, he was only 3 at the time, but still hasn't forgotten. The first fine day we had last week he refused to go outside. Last time I got stung fecker got me 3 times.
I think the little fecker might have been hanging around for a while, Sookie, he wasn't exactly a difficult target for DH to squash him! The weather's been fairly mild though, I've had some massive blue bottles around and a couple of bumble bees and I thought it was far to early for them too.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I got stung for the first time a few years ago - on the throat and we had just pulled out of the harbour on a boat heading out for a day on the sea. I was with my parents, an uncle and a couple of their friends - apparently they were all in a bit of a quiet panic that I would have some kind of reaction to it (especially as it was the throat). I bathed it in salt water and I was grand - thankfully seeing as it would have taken a while to get to a doctor.......