Menu

My Friend is headrecking!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Hi So I've got this friend,we have been friends with around 4 yrs. This friend lets call her Mary has only 2/3 other friends that she goes out with. She texts/calls me most weekends about going out with her, this is only time I spend with my h2b,now I do go out with her every now and again but she nearly asking every weekend at this stage and h2b doesnt really like her...she doesnt give up.....I was just on the phone to her,said we were meeting up with freinds tonight(she wouldnt know) and we would meet up sunday for a good gossip and some lunch and again at the end of the chat she said well if you change your mind about tonight let me know..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr O:| She just doesnt get ,I already met up with her Tuesday night so its not like we didnt meet up in ages!!!! O:| O:|
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
You are giving out because your friend likes you and wants to spend time with you! She is probably lonely! Slight over reaction really!
little miss giggles Posts: 672
oh that sounds head wrecking alright. you sound as if your dealing with it in the right way though. So, lots of sympathy from me but unfortunately no real advice. Chin up!! :wv
winterbride 09 Posts: 93
Oh god, I can totally relate to what you're going through...I was in the same dilemma except that every time we met up it was to give out about her now to be husband and the conversation was always negative!! I eventually distanced myself from her (met up prob 7-8 times over last 3 years) but then when I got engaged (this year) she didn't congratulate us until she got engaged 4 months later and then verbally abused me for not asking her to be my bridesmaid....even though she had fallen out with my H2B and his dad!! I could go on....but won't...Good Luck!
moyra-smyth Posts: 511
I have a few friends that can be like that sometimes. But im always honest and just say i need to spend time with h2b this weekend or whatever and they're always ok with it. Sometimes people just forget that you also have a relationship that you want to spend time in!
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Thanks girls At least Im not the only one in this situation and not overreacting. I told her sat night that I was going to inlaws hs sunday and I wouldnt be going out,then yesterday evening she rings and asks do I want to meet her out,I again told her my story! OMG O:| O:| O:| O:|