Menu

my son poured cup of hot tea all over himself...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
I posted this in P&B by mistake - should have posted here.... god almighty I nearly died. It was so stressful. Thanks be to god he didnt get burnt but it was hot tea. I stripped him immediately and put cold wet towel on his chest. It happened in sceonds. I went home to my parents at the weekend for an appointment in Dublin and we were having breakfast. I took him out of the high chair - put him standing on the floor while I pushed the chair in to the wall. He walked be hind me and picked up my mug of tea. It was like it was happening in slow motion when I turned around. He got it to the level of his face but the mug was too heavy so his little arm trembled and tipped it over his chest - it ran down his legs and into his shoes. He bawled crying! I feel so so bad over it. He has no burn or anything but I feel so so so guilty
Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
you poor thing - you must have gotten the fright of your life. Well done on your quick thinking
cookiemad Posts: 917
glad he is ok tg,you poor thing
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Don't feel guilty, could happen a bishop. They did a safety talk at our local children's centre and tea can scald for up to 15 minutes after being made :eek :eek :eek Scary times. Glad that he's okay x
kizzie Posts: 218
Really glad your LO is ok - these things happen so fast.... Try not to feel guilty just thankful that he's ok :)
MammyC Posts: 3621
oh thank god he is ok, My mam drinks tea all the time while holding my dd ( and other babies ) and it drives me up the wall. No matter how many times I tell her not to she still does it. :o(
John Walsh Guitar
NiamhOct06 Posts: 1253
Thank god he is ok. :xox And you too, am sure you got an awful shock!
Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
im here looking up first aid courses. Have any of you done one??
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
well well worth doing i actually think it should be complusary when you get your bfp! red cross ones are good or the order of malta.
shellrex Posts: 571
DH did one with [url:2ivms95f]http://www.claphandies.com[/url:2ivms95f] You must have gotten an awful fright but well done on the quick reflexs and thinking :wv