my speedy delivery birth story

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

twinssep Posts: 1242
well girls little sarah is a week old today and an angel considering the madness in our house!! my due date was 16th dec and i went to gp last friday 7th for check up who told me she woud be surprised if i lasted the weekend so with this in mind sat was spent christmas shopping for last bits and bobs when i got home i had a show callled hosp who said that unless i had pains no point in coming so sat night ordered a hot curry and jumped on hubby :-8 :-8 well still here n sun morning n o movement so there was nothing else for it but to go shopping again had aanother show sun and then again on mon night but this time it was heavily blood stained so called holles street who said to come in due to my history so had to call mum who came over to mind the kids got to hospital where they checked me out gave me an internal and said i was nowhere near labour but they wanted t keep me in just in case so after a sleeless night on unit 3 i was given another interna told that was not in labour and was sent home. Dh picked me u and got home about 2pm was having a cuppa when i got an awful pain 5 mins later another ripped through me i decided that i would just time them and see if there was a pattern well they were coming 5 mins then 4 mins and by 6 pm they were coming every 2 mins i decided id go into holles street so mum came over again and we set off about 7.30pm got in there and they put me on a trace which confirmred that they were com ing every 2 mins the head midwife had to come to examine me to as because of my previous section they would have to monitor me more when she came she said i was already 2cm she broke my waters as they had to put a trace on babys head and witin 40 mins i was 6cm they asked me did i want anything for the pain and i tried gas and airbut it didnt do anything by 8cm i was begging for epidural but they kept sayig i was so close and that baby was happy and dh leter told me that at one stage when they said baby was hapy i turned around with a look of evil on my face and said im glad someones hapy!!! :-8 midwife was lovely and brought me a heat pack for my back but all of a sudden i felt the need to stand up i thought i needed the loo and midwife said just go with ur body i was really embarrassed as i thought i was going to the loo but in fact i was fully dilated and it was the head i couldnt believe it in 2 pushes my baba was out we were delighted she weighed 7b 7 oz and i was so proud of myself after for not having any pain relief ony because of the twins birth it was so different . we came home the next day to the mad house the twins are fascinated with her and isabel just wants to cuddle her all the time :lvs :lvs so there it is my birth story i just wanted to say thanks to you all its been lovely to share all my experiences and queries with u al its such a magical time in our lives and i would defo do it all again well mayb one more in 5/6 years watch this space!!! [/url]
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Awww great story, congratulations to you and mr twinsep!!
justwaitin Posts: 2462
aw lovely storey, this baby will be a doodle compared to twins, congrats.
Lemon8 Posts: 367
Big Congratulations to yourself and your husband Twinsep. :thnk Delighted for you. Enjoy your big family Christmas together. O-O :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
decmum Posts: 239
Well done twinsep, class story, so quick and easy you sound like superwoman :o)ll Thanks for sharing your story and merry christmas O-O
under construction Posts: 3458
Well done for sticking with it and not getting the Epi you done so well. Congratulations again to you and your DH and the twins. Wishing you and your little family a very Merry Christmas.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Your some woman. I'd love to think i'd make it without any pain relief. Really don't want to get the epi if I can help it at all.
Tinker Bell Posts: 875
Congrats to you and your hubby. It's nice to have your beautiful baby to join you just in time for Santa. Have the best Chirstmas and I hope Santa brings you loads of beautiful gifts (although you can't get a better gift than Sarah I'm sure O:o) )
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
aw thats a wonderfull story such a speedy baby congrats and enjoy the xmas
MissieGold Posts: 1124
Wow great story twinsep would love my labour to be that quick. 2 pushes and out comes baby! :eek Welcome baby Sarah.