"myfitnesspal" free diet app for iphone

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsSoprano Posts: 507
Anyone else using this? I downloaded it for free recently and am finding it brilliant as a diet and exercise tracker to encourage me to shape up. I lost 2lbs in the last week!! You can count calories of all your favourite foods, I have yet to find a food not listed, and they do brands as well. And you can input information about your daily exercise to get more calorie allowances! Very easy to use and would highly recommend it. Just wondering if anyone has it and fancies diet buddying with me? I just have one other friend on it, but even that is motivation for me, so would welcome anyone else who wanted to add me or vice versa! Oh, here's a link to it online
Asscher Posts: 732
This is my favourite APP ever. I was using this last year and found it so easy to use and stick too. I only had a few pound I wanted to shift and other diets were not good for small amounts. I found this brilliant as you could still have whatever you wanted but it made you aware of the calories you were consuming. Like you said the foods that are not in it already are few and far between. It certainly opened my eyes to how many calories were in some things I would have eaten and I have never really touched them again since. I got so into it DH was curious and gave it a try and he lost a couple of stone and has kept it off and looks and feels great for it. I'm 37 weeks pregnant at the moment so haven't used it in a while but I'm sure I will go back to it when babs has arrived and I feel somewhat human again.
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
yep i use it every day to log my calories.I find it great and it really motivates you when you see how many calories are in different foods.I was shocked when i started using it first at how many calories i was taking in a day,It thought me how to look at food differently. :o)ll
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
have just downloaded it.. will let you know how i;m getting on!
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
oooooo, interesting, downloading now...
Laika3 Posts: 82
It's great, the forums online are really informative as well :lvs
mrsminnie Posts: 367
just downloading too! Thanks for the tip :)
Bridester Posts: 920
Hey girls, Downloaded this yesterday after seeing this thread. Seems good! Just wondering did any of you get friend requests in it and what did you do? I just got one from a stranger.
MrsSoprano Posts: 507
i never got a friend request from a stranger- just myself and my friend on it at moment. think i would just ignore one from a total stranger tbh!!
Bridester Posts: 920
Oh definitely not accepting it - just wondering if others got this too. I only signed up this morning so I'm hoping not to have loads of stranger friend requests every day. Cheers! If you have friends on it can they see what you logged and stuff?