Myth re: Morning Sickness!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
Has anyone ever heard of this before. I know I haven't but was just curious when I heard it. I was speaking to a woman I know the other day and I told her I was pregnant and that I was suffering through the dreaded Morning Sickness. I told her I more or less fine in the mornings but bad in the evenings. Then she said 'Oh it's a boy then'!!! :eek I'd never heard this before. She said when she had her girl she was sick mostly in the mornings and when she had her son it was mostly in the evenings. Just wondering what you guys make of this!!!!
Idina Posts: 1289
My sister had the exact same morning sickness on all of her pregnancies and has boys and girls-I think it's rubbish
bluebell07 Posts: 182
Yeah don't believe it - it's a myth.... I had ms in the mornings with first DS and at night with second DS and this time it's being all day for first 12 weeks..... of course don't know what I'm having but if it is a boy then I've all different kinds of sickness with the same outcome!!! :wv
YumYum Posts: 482
I must be having one of both then so :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 although holding out till the scan on Tuesday to see if its twins I'm carrying, but I doubt it. I was sick in the mornings from week 5-7 and I am now sick in the evenings (well only the last two! :hic )
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I was sick from afternoon on, i was fine in the morning and im having a girl. I think it varies from woman to woman but say you have MS on one pregnancy and its a girl and the next one you are not sick it may indicate a boy. My sis was not sick on either of her pregnancies and she has a boy and expecting another boy. My cousin has 3 kids and she was only sick when pg with the only girl. I have heard that MS is more common with girls but my neighbour had it bad on her 3 pg and has 3 boys!!!!!!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I had no MS and I had a boy! And my mum had none when she had me. I think each person is different and also each pregnancy but I know a lot of people who had a similar experience to their own mum.
oirish Posts: 1541
I think everything to do with "morning sickness" is myth :o0 :o0 mil is convinced i'm having a girl because i'm so sick. #You can't win :)
Topolino Posts: 1659
[quote="YumYum":1nde6a8a]I must be having one of both then so :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 although holding out till the scan on Tuesday to see if its twins I'm carrying, but I doubt it. I was sick in the mornings from week 5-7 and I am now sick in the evenings (well only the last two! :hic )[/quote:1nde6a8a] I'm 32 weeks with twins and had absolutely no morning sickness whatsoever!
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Hmmmm best mate was only mornings on DD and all day on thsi one ....a boy but dunno how true it is .......however she has found a cure for it ........................don't drink 1 hr before, during or one hour after u eat ......swear she hasn't been sick once when she does that and she forgot the other day and was as sick as a dog .....worth a try me thinks !!!!
oirish Posts: 1541
Tried that one MrsBambi and just learned that dry food is WAY harder to throw up than food you have drank with :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 was talking to my mother who says she was sick with me and my sister but not with my brother...who knows :o0