Nachos

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redroses Posts: 714
ive a real craving for some nachos tonight, just wondering whats the best way to make them. know how to make guacamole. so do i just get some tortilla crisps, cheese, jalepeno peppers,sour cream and salsa and heat it? Never made them before but they look simple! Thanks girls
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
For DIY nachos I would only heat them with the cheese and after it's melted add the sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Old El Paso do a nachos kit that's yummy. They give you chips and nachos topping and you put it in the oven with cheese. I like mine with chilli but this makes them more of a meal than a snack.
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Ooh, I love Nachos!! :lvs I get a plate or a shallow dish, like the type you'd use for a quiche or flan and put a layer of tortilla crisps, then lots of grated cheddar - then another layer of crisps, then more cheese. I put it under the grill for a few minutes or in the microwave. Once it's all nice and melted, chuck on your toppings. I wouldn't heat them up, but they'll get warm from the nachos anyway. Put extra jalepenos on, mmmmmmmmmmmm!! Enjoy :wv
redroses Posts: 714
Thanks a mil for that girls, might have to sample them before tonight to make sure they are right!! :o0 The chilli sounds fab but as wel be having dinner at 6 would be way too filling, just want something while watching a dvd and having a few glasses of vino. Will def be trying the chilli in future. Thanks again ladies :thnk