Nails

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs Posts: 673
Need to start thinking about nails for the wedding? Which ones though! Mine are bitten to nothing [i:3qbdcm3s]Yeuck I know![/i:3qbdcm3s]
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
did a trial with all 3.. and found the sticks on from boots looked best.. cos the white tip was EXACTLY the right size as opposed to sometimes you get a nail technician who does it wrong
cbs Posts: 704
Def the sticky on ones for me aswell.. Just get someone to put them on properly if your not too good at it yourself! I can do one head brilliantly but not the other!
Joleigh Posts: 4242
I chose short term fake ones but I have never tried the other ones. My own nails grown really quickly and they are fairly strong. Just dont rush putting them on and put on a good bit of glue. Also cut and file them before sticking them on so you have them at the right size and shape.
Gabby Posts: 2873
I would go for the gels or the acrylics. I have gotten short term fake ones and french manicures before but none of them last as long as they should not on me anyway. At least with acrylics you can have them for the whole next day and all of your honeymoon aswell.
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Whats wrong with real nails? :shock: - EVERYONE seems to have fake nails these days ! I know if they are bitten you will want them nice for the wedding and that - just making a general statement
Rocks Posts: 280
Thanks for this post I ws wondering which nails were the best myself so I am hoping a few more people vote ;) :lol: :lol:
cuddlesxxx Posts: 260
my nails are yuck aswell i bite them too i would go for the gel or acrylic because i found if your nails are very short you can see a line through the stick ons and it looks dirty especially if he is doing photos of your rings but make sure you get a good nail tech as if they are done wrong they are horrible :shock:
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
Just wondering what is the difference between acrylic and gel nails.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
Just going with natural nails with either a pinky polish or maybe even just a clear varnish.