name dilemma

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
hi all just looking for your opinion here.Finding it difficult to agree on girls names but finally we both agreed on one-I had just thrown it out to test the waters! anyhow my dilemma is that a friend of mine called her DD this almost a year ago-we don't see each other that often but when we do it's like we'd been talking everyday. would it be really weird to use the same name?honest opinions please.
mummytime Posts: 3149
i think it would be a bit weird alright ...sorry
gemini chica Posts: 2581
Only reason it would be weird is if you are uncomfortable with the idea which I think you are by asking the question. Could you ask her would she mind as that way you'd know, maybe she wouldnt at all and then that takes all the worry out of it. Turn it around, if it was her what would you want her to do?
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
I dont think its weird,if you like the name then I would pick it.Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Perci Posts: 3847
I would find it a bit strange tbh.
snowbear Posts: 2107
I don't think it's wierd but it also depends on how common or unusual a name it is. I have a name on my list that is the same as my friend's little boy but it's a 'classic' Irish name - there will be one or two in every class if you know what I mean - so I don't think she'd have a problem. If it was Peaches Blossom it might be different... because you'd assume she'd spent ages thinking of it herself. (I don't actually think you're going to call your little girl Peaches Blossom BTW just trying to think of an example :o0 )
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I have a friend who called her child the same name as another friend's child. There is about 6/7 years between the 2 children. We would all still see each other quite regularly but the girl who had her baby recently just asked my other friend would she mind. She actually said it was flattering that the name she picked was liked that much & didn't mind at all. Don't know if that makes sense, hard to explain without using names!!
whackywoman Posts: 1496
wouldn't think it was weird. I'm sure your friend would be flattered. Not long to go now :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
it's really hard to know... I wouldn't really like it if a friend called her baby the same name as I did. You spend so long thinking of a name and hoping it will be somewhat unique. Do you live near friend? will kids be hanging out?
tarab23 Posts: 26
Must admit I wouldnt like it either.