Names Again..........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hartley Posts: 826
Names again………. What do ye think of Cara for a girl. Would you spell it with a C or K, Cara or Kara? DH says it can't be Kara, as there are no K's in the Irish language……...
Crostini Posts: 1105
just looked it up there: "The name Kara is a baby girl name. The baby name Kara originated as an Irish name. In Irish the name Kara means- sweet melody. "
Emme Posts: 4735
I like it. Went to school with a Cara and it's nice. Means friendship in Irish doesn't it?
milis Posts: 7998
You can spell it either way! Just that Kara is the English way of spelling it. Lovely name, if it works with your surname *)
yorkie Posts: 375
I think it's a lovely name. Went to school with a girl called Kara.
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
hi hartley I like the name cara and either spelling of it. Maybe see which letters c or k work best with your surname for initials iykwim as in your surname starts with k do u want kk or ck etc
Salander Posts: 1639
i'd go with the C spelling as it would be easier than you child having to say each time its Kara with a K!
Lily K Posts: 643
Hi hartley, I LOVE it, that's the name we have picked if our LO is a girl :o)ll :o)ll DH wants to spell it with a K but I think it's too english or american and I want the C cos Cara - it seems more Irish... After labour I think I'll win the argument though :o0 :o0
hartley Posts: 826
Thanks for the positive replies. CM would be the initials and it goes well with my husbands surname.
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I love this name and it was on my list but dh's surname starts with a K so i was worried it would be too hard sounding but with an M it would be lovely!!