names again, what do you think???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mellie me Posts: 192
K, hubby and i were discussing names last nite and have come up with the following so far Rian or Oran for a boy Aoibheann or Holly for a girl Opinions please or even suggestions, i love irish names but i like holly you know being a christmas baby and all if a girl. Thanks girlies
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
I like Rian for a boy and LOVE Holly for a girl.
Toblerone Posts: 2698
I like both Rian and Oran - prob Rian gets the edge ahead though. I love Holly and Aoibheann - prob would prefer Holly here. What about Noeleen - it's got the Christmasy and an Irishy feel too! :wv
Princess_Jess Posts: 445
rian would be my fav :lvs i am due xmas day and was very anti christmasy names. 4 girls i know gave birth to girls last december and all called them Holly. i have robyn as a maybe for a girl
mrsodo Posts: 1292
I'd prefer Oran to Rian, but both a really nice names. I prefer Holly to Aoibheann. :wv
Arta1 Posts: 276
my nephew is Rian and I love it. Would prefer Holly for a girl.
hartley Posts: 826
I like Rian and Aoibheann. Don't like Holly at all, its very common at the moment also.
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
bobs, they are actually 4 gorgeous names. I love Aoibheann and Holly is so pretty too. also think I prefer Rian. Fab choices though
mellie me Posts: 192
thanks girls for your replies and opinions, really finding it hard to come up with names this time round, looks like rian is ahead at the moment, i also was against holly but the more i say it the more i think it is so cute, i love aoibheann also but will there be trouble with the way it is pronounced, have ye made any decisions on names yet???
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125