Names Question.....again

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Temperance Posts: 165
Girls which of these do ye like? Girls names: 1. Charlotte 2. Megan 3. Kate Boys names: 1. Alexander 2. Harry 3. Dylan :wv :wv :wv
Augustmum Posts: 686
Kate & Harry :lvs also like Alexander too - could call him Alex for short *)
Leigh Posts: 188
really like Dylan, have heard of a good few Harrys being born recently. also like Megan for a girl x
Ettienne Posts: 139
Charlotte is a lovely name but I would be concerned that it would get shortened to Charlie alot. Megan is lovely too. Dylan is my fav off your boy list. So hard to pick names, I feel your pain! Good Luck with choosing. :wv
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
love charlie for a girl - I wouldnt be for the name charlotte. Kate and alex- not alexander sorry just my opinion temperance .. . .
ttc_bfp_opk_wtf Posts: 682
They are all lovely names. I love Dylan. For the girls, I love Kate but I would just wonder if there might be a run on Kate's next year with the Royal wedding (not that it should affect us in Ireland but anything for a bit of Glam during the recession).
brightling Posts: 1496
Love Kate for a girl, very simple but lovely. Dylan for a boy, think its really cute, or Alex.
Temperance Posts: 165
Thanks girls Good point about the Royal wedding - Kates goes the best with surname....almost as if made to go ....DH adores it...I'm just worried that as it is Kate is very popular at the moment as it is. Will just need to make sure that if we have a boy and go with Alex that we don't ever pick Kate as a girls name in the future.......don't want any Katie Price and Alex Reid comments O:|
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
[quote="Temperance":2cjcx6eb]Thanks girls Good point about the Royal wedding - Kates goes the best with surname....almost as if made to go ....DH adores it...I'm just worried that as it is Kate is very popular at the moment as it is. Will just need to make sure that if we have a boy and go with Alex that we don't ever pick Kate as a girls name in the future.......[u:2cjcx6eb]don't want any Katie Price and Alex Reid comments [/u:2cjcx6eb]O:|[/quote:2cjcx6eb] ha now i think your over thinking it :o0
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Charlotte or Harry for me, Think both of those are lovely and I think when it comes to shortening a name if you dont want it done you have to put your foot down, My name is very popular shortened but my mother corrected anyone who tried to do it and now no one would dare shorten it :wv