nappies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lucyloo32 Posts: 957
im wanting to pick u a few bits here and there in the weekly shop. What sized nappies should i be stocking up on? Im a massive fan of aldi and lidl..... are there nappies any good or should we stick with the big brands for the first few weeks? :o)ll
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
I got some size 1 and size 2. Went for huggies and pampers as were on special but I read elsewhere that aldi I think it was is doing these sizes now. First baby so can't recommend anything yet!!
BusyMom Posts: 717
I bought a pack or two of newborn and then some size 1s. I use Aldi nappies occasionally, and find them great! My wee lad is two now though and when he was a baby, they didn't do sizes smaller than 3 so I can't say if they're good or not for newbies. I'm a completely unfaithful nappy customer - I buy whatever offers are on in the major supermarkets (i.e. Huggies/Pampers) - we don't find a whole lot of difference in any of them to be honest!
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Lidl nappies are brilliant. Every 3-4 months they do a baby offer which is two large packs for €10. Unfortunately the smallest size they do is size 3 so you'll have to wait a while for your LO to grow into them Best of luck :wv
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
when we were doing our big baby shopping I asked my friend who had just had a baby how many packs of size 1 & 2 she used and she said 8 of each so thats what we got, I have 2 other friends pg, one due in Feb and one in May so I can pass any leftovers onto them so not worried about having excess
Handymammy Posts: 1086
I used pampers or huggies for the first 6 or 7 months. Mostly pampers. Then I tried Aldi ones and they gave my LO a rash. Moved back to pampers. Thought I would give ALDI another go a few months later and same rash. So we have moved to LIDL ones and they are as good as pampers but much much cheaper. On next baby, I won't try the ALDI newborn incase my second baby reacts the same way to them and I think their wee skin is so sensitive at the beginning. So will start on pampers or huggies and move to LIDL when he/she is about 6 months. Somebody suggested that you look at the weights for the newborn versus size 1. If you think you are going to have a baby about 7lb or above then just go straight to size 1 and give the newborn a miss
hartley Posts: 826
I have found Pampers for a girl and Huggies for a boy works. I thought it was all a myth and bought Pampers for DS, he leaked up the back of every one I out on him whereas my DD suits Pampers. The huggies eems to be more elasticated at the back. My DD skin is sensitive & she can get quiet bad nappy rash so I'd be afraid to use the cheaper brands but people swear by them. Don't buy many size 1's as my DD was in them for 6 weeks and my DS for 2 weeks.
pag Posts: 633
Have a look at the thread by Babsdel on Buying Baby Items. There was discussion on nappies there. Apparently Aldi and Lidl do size 1 and 2 now. I would probably advise getting a few packets of each brand to see what works for you. Some people are completely faithful to one brand due to leaks/gender/rashes but I never found that and usually buy whatever is on special offer. Tesco and Boots do own brand small sizes too. Even if you don't use all the size 1s you may meet someone who you can pass them onto.My DD was 8lbs at birth, lost weight but was still in size 1s at 6wks.