Nappy Questions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Faithful Nite Posts: 859
Hi All, just some quick questions re nappies, if ye don’t mind. Have posted this on M&K as well but thought I'd ask other expectant mums what ye are doing.. 1st babs so haven’t a clue. I’ve started picking up a few packs, have 4 packs of the newborn (yellow bags) size 1, 1 pack of Newborn (yellow bag) size 2, 1 pack of the green size 2 and 3 or 4 of the size 3 (green). Can someone tell me if there is a difference between the yellow packs and the green, especially in the size 2 + 3 or if its ok to get them in the green pack? I have been told that babs looks like he/she will be between 7.5 and 8.5 pound when born. Should I concentrate on getting the size 3 for the moment as they go from 9 – 20 pound, I think!!! How long does it take a baby to get to 20 pounds? I know I will probably have to get a few packs of the size 2’s once babs is born but don’t want to buy them now and have them go to waste. Any enlightenment is greatly appreciated.
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
Hi ya On DS I bought 2 of each of the yellow packs, size 1, 2 and 3. He was 7Ld 4oz when born I had to by one or 2 other yellow ones after I had him, along with the ones I already had, but then moved onto the next level. And BTW, I found the green pampers werent worth a curse. I know they are always on special offer, but I only used the purple ones. The stretchy part of them were much more versitile, especially when babs starts rolling around. Thats just my opinion though. :wv
doolittle Posts: 910
Hi my baby was 9lbs 4 and he was in size one for 2weeks. to be honest I could have used them for longer but I had a pack of size 2 s at home and didnt bother buying any of the size ones again! He s 5 weeks and the size 2 are still plenty big!
Faithful Nite Posts: 859
Thanks Ladies :thnk