Menu

Napro

Go to TTC with Assistance

Sunspeckle
Mini Wolly

Re: Napro

Postby Sunspeckle » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Any Napro ladies still hovering? this thread has got very quiet :)

Blueeyes, I saw on another thread you've moved to SIMS. best of luck on your next play and really hope it works for you

Feb 14 BFP :)

Blueeyes79
Mini Wolly

Postby Blueeyes79 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:35 am

Hey Sunspeckle,

IVF didn't work, I am still bruised from the whole experience. I found it very clinical and they were super positive, got paid and didn't seem to care then. Each appointment we saw someone different, never the same consultant.... awful experience.

5 embryos were created and the clinic tried to push to 5 day blasts... I knew it wouldn't work with those odds.

Time for some healing and I am slowly coming to terms that we are lucky to have one child, I may consider Napro again but college is first.

The IVF consultant straight away offered donor eggs... at present I am not ready for this. I can understand why someone would, but at 37 I think if I go down the donor route I can do that after my degree is over, in less than 2 years time.

I hope everyone else is doing OK and I am truly sorry for anyone who has been afflicted with the course of infertility., it ruins people, relationships, souls, and I feel at present like a changed person and a changed person not for the better, my bubbly self has gone missing and I'm not sure she will make it back.

Blueeyes

Peaches and Cream
Mini Wolly

Postby Peaches and Cream » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:47 am

Hi Blueeyes79.
Just happened upon your post here. So sorry to hear the IVF didn't work.
5 Embryos for the 5 Days is usually good odds.
Give yourself time to heal. It is a hard road.
Was so hopeful when you were heading to France that all would be well.
What Sims did you use? Was it Cork or Dublin? We had Dr Noto and Dr Diakas here in Cork and they were both very good. The experience yes is clinical.

There is a new clinic opening up in Cork called ReproMed. Think they are in Dublin and Kilkenny. If you wanted more options.

Be kind to yourself,
Peaches and Cream xx

bluebeth
New Wolly

Postby bluebeth » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi ladies

Just wanted to let you all know my rainbow baby arrived in September. She is six weeks now and a lot more work than I expected the doctor has said it's colic and will last 4 months !!

But we are so happy to have her. I still dont know what was different this time I thought maybe she would have same blood group as me as I am RH negative but she is positive so that theory is out.

The month I got pregnant I did not inject but I was on vitamins and letrozole it may just have been my body was ready that month

Wishing you all success in TCC

Blueeyes79
Mini Wolly

Postby Blueeyes79 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Hey Bluebeth & Peaches and Cream,

Peachs & Cream Thanks a million, my husband went out on the lash within 3 days of giving up his sample, & my old eggs didn't equal a good match. I'm a lot better since getting back into college and putting my energy into my Art, it is a healing process!! I am also now on new supplements which I read is really supposed to work. I am feeling the benefits already. They are Melatonin 3mg (makes me sleep like a baby) C0 Q-10 600mg one per day, DHEA 25mg 3 times per day and then the usual 5mg folic acid, and vit D, we are going to try another round in Jan / Feb/ I turn 38 this Jan so I feel under pressure :-) O-O :babydust: :action31

Bluebeth I have been thinking about you for a while and I am so glad to hear that everything went well and you have your little miracle, its wonderful and congratulations to you and your partner, its an amazing time! & yes it is super hard work, you feel guilty then for even saying it!!! the joys of a hard route with infertility! I wish you and your little family all the best and thanks for all the advise it is all very well received.
I don't know anything about your birth, but if it was a hard one sometimes this can be the cause of the colic. I had a bad one and as a result Josh wasn't the easiest of babies, I did find craniosacral therapy worked a treat and also I used to watch the baby whisperer dvd, Tracy hogg and her tricks worked too.
I used to say to myself don't let the fear take over and it helped me relax a bit. Its a new and exciting road and Its wonderful and hard all mixed together. I genuinely found becoming a parent gave me a bigger purpose in my life and things I used to take for granted like a hot long shower and a hot cup of coffee with friends all became an even nicer experience all round xxx enjoy it. Blueeyes

Thank everyone and I'll keep you posted if anything changes.. almost half way through year 3 of a level 8 degree,... time really is flying by!

Blueeyes

xxx

dubgirl1
New Wolly

Postby dubgirl1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi, TTC a year and a half now and am now with napro on 4th cycle and finding it all so difficult. Are there any private Facebook groups of napro ladies?

John Walsh Guitar
Peaches and Cream
Mini Wolly

Postby Peaches and Cream » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Dubgirl1,
Im not on Facebook sorry.
My advice from my experience, depending on your age if youre over 30, is dont waste too long on Napro. you can still concieve naturally up to 2 years. But I wouldnt wait any longer.
I spent a year with them and nothing. No amount of talking or the type of meds they do solved me.
When I went to Sims got pregnant first round of IVF I emailed the person I spent a year with to tell them and they didnt even reply. (Id had previous emails from them so I knew the address was right). Napro are Christian and dont believe in IVF. Felt hurt by it. And wasnt overly impressed in the end. Also they dont cut you off and say there is no more we can do. Like good cycles and months on support, if nothing is happening, it wont!
Sorry to be so negative. But I wish Id gone straight to Sims day one. Im now 7 months pregnant and that took 5 years. (Im 35 too).
good luck,
Peaches and Cream

minnow
New Wolly

Postby minnow » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Hi Dubgirl1, I don't know of any Facebook groups but I do know a more active Napro/Neo page so if you want a link send me a pm. It's such a tough journey, support is so helpful and important! I gave birth to my Napro baby in May but I still hover here to see how everyone else is doing!

Peaches congratulations on your pregnancy! Not long to go now, super news! Just to say, I'm not sure who you dealt with in Napro but if it was Dr C she's not with them anymore, she moved on six months ago or more, so that may explain why you got no reply. I'm so sorry you didn't get what you were looking for from Napro, not just a pregnancy but the whole package of course. Fertility is so tricky and what works for one couple may not work for another. Obviously Napro worked for me as I have my little girl but nothing's guaranteed. All the best with the next few months!

Peaches and Cream
Mini Wolly

Postby Peaches and Cream » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:17 am

Hi
No it was my teacher I emailed. She is still working because she had replied when I had left and Id sent her a thank you card!
Yeah every treatment is different. Acupuncture works for some people. I did nearly 6 months again nothing. But without Sims I wouldnt have know there was autoimmune issues which no amont of yoga, acupunture or Napro would solve. So its about finding out the why and then tailoring the treatment.
Congrats on your baby girl!
P&C

kittenz
New Wolly

Postby kittenz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi ladies, so lovely to read some of the success stories on here.. I'm with napro since september 2016. Just started to trek letrozole on day 3... no hcg shots, just omega, LDN, eltroxin, selenium and vit d and b. I know you mentioned a more active thread for napro, can anyone give me the link to it. It's all very overwhelming so I could love to be able to liaise with people going though the same process

PreviousNext

Go to TTC with Assistance