Nasal Spray

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi has anyone used Otrivine nasal spray when pregnant. It comes up as Cat C in safefetus which puts its in the same category as Solpadeine. Im driven mad with a stuffy nose at night and a girl in work recommended this, she said her sis was prescribed it when pregnant. Thanks.
shocked22 Posts: 511
I was told to get a saline solution nasal spray early in my pregnancy...can't remember the name but picked it up in the chemist. Never heard of Otrivine...sorry.
sinion Posts: 6050
just a word of warning about nasal sprays, they are great at first but you end up becoming completely dependent on them if you use them regularly, they end up making you even more stuffy in the long run. I was using one for a few days but I noticed the more I used it the worse the stuffiness got. It would work immediately but when it wore off the stuffiness was awful. I had to go cold turkey and could hardly breathe for a few days before the effects wore off. I started using olbas oil instead and while the effects aren't as fast acting, it does the job just as well with no side effects. And smells yummy :o0
theoracle Posts: 7664
There is Sterimar nasal spray, it contains purified sea water only and is also safe for babs to use if babs gets a cold before he/she is 3 months old. I found it very efficient.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Thanks girls, Sinion i think you are right i dont normally go in for stuff like that. Ill try the Olbas it was recommended by you and others on my other thread. Ill try it tonight. :thnk
All the way May Posts: 203
Not long I am in the very same position as you. I am creased with sinus headache. Went to the docs last week and she said to get the Otravine and the Olbas Oil. My office reeks of the olbas but it's defo making the difference. I got the liquid version and the little nasal inhaler and I find the inhaler brilliant. Hope you feel better soon, my headaches have defo eased.
Mrs J Posts: 387
Breathe Right strips worked wonders for me through my pregnancy - v attractive but did the trick!