Nausea and diarrhoea in late pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I have read on some pregnancy websites that loose bowels near the end of pregnancy can symbolize that labour will start soon. I have loose bowels for about ten days now and nausea is back since last Sunday night. From experience of anyone, have I any hope of going into labour close to due date or is it a whole load of rubbish?
wtb Posts: 107
I had waves or nausea and diarrhoea the night before I had my baby...but I was an emergency induction! Not sure if that's much help to you.
lush11 Posts: 2877
Ive read that loads of places so must be some truth in it. Its a good thing i think cos if you do go into labour your bowels will be clear. Thats the way i look at it and wouldnt mind loose bowels in the run up. Apparently going to the loo after is meant to be painful so this can only help. Although make sure you are drinking loads to keep you hydrated.
3littlemen Posts: 999
I had this a few days before I had DS1 and quite bad the night before he was born. I mentioned it to the midwife and she said it's very common. I couldn't eat anything for a few hours before going into labour or a few hours after the birth. I didn't find going to the loo too bad afterwards the first pee was stingy but that was more to do with 2nd degree tear but was fine after that.
Mrs Mai Posts: 763
I've had an upset stomach for weeks now (I'm 37weeks now). I also have very slight waves of nausea (not actually getting sick). This is my 4th baby PG and this didn't happen on the others except when I was actually in labour. I asked my cons about it a couple of weeks ago because like you I'd heard it could mean labour was immenent. She said that it usually it goes one of two ways, diarrhoea or constipation and obviously constipation was the worst of the two. I had neither on my previous pregnancies. Sorry for long winded reply but I guess i'm just saying that it doesn't really mean anything. editing to add : she asked if it was very frequent, as in every hour. Sorry TMI for me it's just a couple of times a day I'm not sure what she'd have said differently if it was more frequent - maybe dehydration concern.
babyforme Posts: 402
The nausea was def a symptom for me but ended up with an induction make sure you drink plenty of fluids or you'll end up like me with an IV for three days. Best of luck :wv
poppylops Posts: 1363
The midwife in my antenatal said loose bowels are a sign of going into labour and my friend got it just before she went in!! FX for u!!!