Navan to Newbridge

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss X Posts: 1415
Girls need some help, the H2B is away so I can't ask him for directions, plus I don't want him to know where I'm going until after I've been. I've to go to Navan straight after work, so I'm planning on heading out on the N7, however silly me originally thought it would be easy to get to Newbridge from there but the AA site is telling me to go back to the M50, is there a quicker way?
Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
Personally, I would have gone Navan, Trim, Kilcock, Clane, Prosperous and then Newbridge. Clane is bypassed now so it's dead handy. I really don't know what the traffic situation is during the day on the M50 to compare though. Sorry. :?
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:2mek7j6m]Personally, I would have gone Navan, Trim, Kilcock, Clane, Prosperous and then Newbridge. Clane is bypassed now so it's dead handy. I really don't know what the traffic situation is during the day on the M50 to compare though. Sorry. :?[/quote:2mek7j6m] Thats the way I'd go too
buddingmrs Posts: 322
Do what Peg advised you'll be on the back roads but the M50 on friday is mental and it will take you forever!
SandraM Posts: 1112
We went the route suggested above a cuple of weeks ago on our way back from Cavan and I definitely reckon that going to the M50 is a better option.
Any ideas on how long it will take on the back roads? I think we normally go via clane to newbridge so I should know my way once I get that far.
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:2z06hhut]Any ideas on how long it will take on the back roads? I think we normally go via clane to newbridge so I should know my way once I get that far.[/quote:2z06hhut] Not sure exactly, but think of it this way, it'll take you 10 mins to get off the m50 @ the Red Cow, another ten to clear Newlands Cross and with the roadworks on the N7 b/w Rathcoole & Naas...it's a nightmare Back roads are far quicker..
buddingmrs Posts: 322
Hi miss x, I'd say about an hour and 10 mins at most depending on how you are at driving on back roads-then again if you work/live around Newbridge you must be used well used to them :wink: Nice drive if the weather holds up- I'm a dub living in Kildare and I LOVE the back roads, its like going on my holliers :D
scotswedding Posts: 2829
i used to drive from Cavan to Newbridge on Friday evenings to see my best friend and go the route Peg described. It'd take me a bit under under two hours and its about 40 mins to Navan from where I am.
I live in Lucan, I thought it was only 40mins or so!!