need a bit of help with holiday

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dita Posts: 960
we are going to go to the algarve for a holiday we are going to get a flight into Faro and book accomodation seperate.. we don't really know where to go from Faro though are there resorts outside the city that we should aim for with nice beaches and hotels..or do we stay in the city and go to beaches from there...we will have our new 5 month old baby with us aswell so we are looking at nice accomodation with pool etc but we also want to be near good restaurants and beaches ........
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
i would maybe aim for a resort a little bit out of the city but i suppose it would all depend on the transport that would be available (especially with a young baby) if you try tripadvisor you can check out reviews of the various city resorts and maybe see if they will suit ill try and find out some info for u and let u know
streaks Posts: 3592
Hi Dita, I believe Albufeira is supposed to be lovely and well set up for families with Children so maybe take a look at a few places there! At least its a starting point! Good luck!
MrsMcM Posts: 311
Praia de Rocha is also another one. Why dont you pop into a travel agent and pick up a brochure to browse through as well as trip advisor.
serenity Posts: 3675
I just love Vilamoura... My parents have a place there and it's just FAB... The marina is lovely - very family orientated... Lovely restaurants, bars and shops... I love the Algarve - any of the places along the coast are fab.. Quinta de Lago is lovely too but probably more expensive but the beach is fab there... Am so jealous - love it there!! xxx
handtwins Posts: 866
I have been to Portugal a few times, Praia da Rocha is the most beautiful beach in my opinion. Albuferia is HORRIBLE!!! Full of english, just a cheap and tacky resort, worst holiday we ever went on. Villamoura is lovely, lots of fab golf courses, its purpose built resort, lots of yachts in the harbour, highly recommend Nikki Beach club, however beware that this resort is starting to attract a lot of prostitutes to meet the needs of the many groups of men holidaying here on stags, "business trips" and golf hols. My advice is hire a car and see as much as you can
handtwins Posts: 866
I have been to Portugal a few times, Praia da Rocha is the most beautiful beach in my opinion. Albuferia is HORRIBLE!!! Full of english, just a cheap and tacky resort, worst holiday we ever went on. Villamoura is lovely, lots of fab golf courses, its purpose built resort, lots of yachts in the harbour, highly recommend Nikki Beach club, however beware that this resort is starting to attract a lot of prostitutes to meet the needs of the many groups of men holidaying here on stags, "business trips" and golf hols. My advice is hire a car and see as much as you can
prettylady Posts: 578
club praia da oura is beauiful, best sun hol we ever had, its down de road from albufeira but not in it. we booked though direct holidays but i have since signed up to their own website petchey travel which seems cheaper. lucky you, wish we could afford a hol this yr, seems like years since de honeymoon!