Need a holiday

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SGirl Posts: 2542
Just want to have a rant............... I feel like i really need a holiday, i have a stressful job but i love it but it is just really getting on top of me. Hubby and I decided no hol this yr cos of recession, i still have my job and he is self employed and still really busy (cos he doesnt charge enough!). He says he cant take a wk of incase the whole business goes under while he is away and that he cannot afford a wk of as his overheads still need to be paid. We can afford it though. I am normally quite easy going and please others. My husband has been in bad form for the last two years- he always has a headache, he gets sore throats frequently, he is always tired and has aches. I finally made him go to dr for tests last week and they came back all clear. I feel at my wicks end, i know that we are so lucky to have jobs compared to others, but i am stressed out and feel like everything is getting on top of me. We discussed hol tonite and he says that we will have a long wkend, but i feel that i desperately need a week away from everything. I dream about work EVERY nite. I am thinking of going away myself with a friend but i feel he will think it unsupportive as he is not getting a holiday. Phew.... rant over... thanks!
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Hi sparklygirl, Leave him behind get a friend and head off some where for a lovely restful week! Like you said you need it!
misssaucie Posts: 258
I agree with 2babridesoon, If you have a friend who's looking to go away aswell you should do it. Anytime I leave my OH I always feel sooo quilty as he is stuck at home with the usual routine for a week while I'm sunning myself but do you know what...he loves me going away now because I come back in great form and he gets spoiled rotten for a while afterwards and it makes us both realise how much we miss each other when we are apart. And if you are like me and do most of the domestic chores around the house he will really appreciate you when you get back too. It's a great feeling when you are in the airport travelling home as instead of being p*ssed off that the hols are over I always have that knot of excitement in my tummy like when we 1st started dating at the anticipation of seeing him. Hope you get your hol, sounds like you need one :wv
Thanks girls. Was in such bad form yest, just felt like everything was too much, never normally feel that way. I do feel still that i really need a hol, thanks for your support as i do feel guilty for even suggesting going without himself!!! I have to say, i quite liked the idea of him noticing my absence in terms of housework and dinners ha ha!
Senorita Posts: 3413
Well I don't envy you - it's a hard position to be in. You obviously need a holiday, but I can understand if your husband is self-emloyed he might be very unsure about taking holidays. You definately need to have another chat with him. Everyone needs a break from work. Would there be a quieter time for him to take a week (like the last week of July, first two weeks of Aug - builders holidays?). If he point blank refuses, he can't resent you for taking a week with a friend. You need to look after yourself too.
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
I wanted a holiday las yr,like your h2b mine in self employed too and didnt have the time to go on hols so I mentioned this to a friend and she said why dont we go on hols so off we went for a sun holiday and we were all the better for it,h2b regreted it later in the year,saying he should have gone!
Ladies, its great to get the feedback. I was thinking of sun hol with my sister as she would be well up for it.... and discussed it with hubby and he agreed we should go away together. Then we did a pregnancy test cos period a little late... We're preggars!!! So rethinking the hol now, not sure what to do!! I wouldnt be great company on a sun hol cos no mad nites out in my condition. So have to have a rethink... but feelling very blessed :lvs . Now thinking maybe i was just feelin so worn out cos i am pregnant!
misssaucie Posts: 258
[quote="sparklygirl":3oe5akxx]Ladies, its great to get the feedback. I was thinking of sun hol with my sister as she would be well up for it.... and discussed it with hubby and he agreed we should go away together. Then we did a pregnancy test cos period a little late... We're preggars!!! So rethinking the hol now, not sure what to do!! I wouldnt be great company on a sun hol cos no mad nites out in my condition. So have to have a rethink... but feelling very blessed :lvs . Now thinking maybe i was just feelin so worn out cos i am pregnant![/quote:3oe5akxx] Wow fantastic news! Well done! You should still go away and get your holiday in before the little one arrives. A sun holiday is great when pregnant, Ly on the beach all day and that wears the best of us out! Here's a tip for a low alcohol drink for your hols to have maybe sitting on the balcony at night when putting the world to rights :o0 Buy some red wine and a bottle of fanta lemon, put 1 measure of wine to about 5/6 measures of lemon, put it in a jug, add ice and chopped pieces of orange, lemon & apple and hey presto you have your very own very very own version of low alcohol Sangria O-O Sip over it for the evening and you are just having 1 unit of drink whilst nibbling on some of your 5 a day!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="sparklygirl":3ibem7dq]Ladies, its great to get the feedback. I was thinking of sun hol with my sister as she would be well up for it.... and discussed it with hubby and he agreed we should go away together. Then we did a pregnancy test cos period a little late... We're preggars!!! So rethinking the hol now, not sure what to do!! I wouldnt be great company on a sun hol cos no mad nites out in my condition. So have to have a rethink... but feelling very blessed :lvs . Now thinking maybe i was just feelin so worn out cos i am pregnant![/quote:3ibem7dq] Congrats!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Thanks girls. Have been walking round the shops all day thinking... Oh my Gos I,m Preganant!! Hubby delighted, hes already fussing over me, and i have to admit, I quite like it :o0