need advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kateb Posts: 10
Girls, hope you can help as I'm sure a few other people are or were in the same situation. Basically I came off the pill in August and had usual withdrawal bleed at the end of that pack. Since then I've had a period on the 2nd Sept. Then I had some bleeding again on the 12th and 13th Sept and nothing since which is 36 days now. Did a pregnancy test on fri but it was negative? I don't feel any different. Do you just think my body is taking awhile to get back to having normal periods or should I get my hopes up? Sorry its long and complicated.
Princess Atora Posts: 275
Kateb, Before you were on the pill, were you periods irregular? It does take your body time to adjust when you come off the pill. However, it is different for every woman, so i suggest you visit your GP, who will be able to put your mind at ease. Also, pregnancy tests are not always 100% accurate Best of luck.
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
Kate My periods were irregular for eight months after coming off the pill - some months 28 and others much longer. Everyone is different and in my first month off I had a similar experience to you and was not pg. However, now due to the irregular cycles I ended 'up the duff' Good Luck
kateb Posts: 10
Thanks girls, I am going to get to the doctor by the end of the week if nothing stirs soon. My periods were irregular before I went on the pill so that is probably the reason I suppose. Really don't think I'm pregnant but sure ......