need advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
hi all now i know there was a topic about this already but I'm not preggers and I'm on the pill. Ok so we had sex on saturday morning, was finishing the last week of pill yesterday so my AF was due probably tomorrow. but it started on saturday night and i still took my last pill yesterday. but its still coming and its definatly AF as i am crippled. i started to panic a bit because i didnt think it was AF and i was bleeding. but what i wanted to know was did anyone ever bleed after sex or did it ever bring AF on? surely the pill should be stopping AF?
glittergirlrachel Posts: 279
I know when we have sex and my AF is due in the next few days then it bring no some spotting for a few hours. Maybe wait and see how your Af goes but if it is any longer or very different to usual you should see your GP
thanks GGR i was just a bit worred about them because it never happens but my mate said that AF usually can bring them on, and h2b was a bit rough so could be. means il have them for the full week. aaaaaggghhhh O:|
glittergirlrachel Posts: 279
Poor you strawberry. I think plenty of chocolate and a few bottles of wine will sort you right out!!! Hope you're ok girl
oh ye i like that idea a lot, il pop up to boots at lunch get some heat pads sort me out
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Hi strawberry, I know when i was on the pill sometimes i used to get my periods at crazy times when they weren't even due. I've no idea why that happens.
really? its weird i always thought you couldnt get them on the pill well its defo AF anyways so il just go on with taking it as i usually do
i also ment to mention its kind of browny colour, freaking me out, i did a google search it said that its old blood, then it said it was blood from somewhere else, then it said it was polps or something really shouldnt do search making me worse
bump :o)ll
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
SSC dont go googling you will get all sorts of problems coming up. The brown blood is old blood usually. Did you run 2 packets together? Something similar happened me about 2 years ago. I ran 3 packs of pill together and about a week before period was due (still taking the pill) i started to bleed. It was very painful, crampy and brown blood. I freaked, thought something seriously wrong. I went to doc and he said i had a womb infection from taking the pill for so long. He gave me anti - bots and i was grand. Your symptoms sound very similar????