Need advise ASAP, is this the start of the BIG L?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Ok I'm a first time mum and hence I have no IDEA what a contraction etc feels like but here goes... I have been getting pains since early this morning. My back is seriously killing me, feel nauseous, mucus discharge changed from normal thick stuff to runny, clear in colour/consistency tinged with red. Getting really bad period like pains on and off, can't really put a pattern down on paper but I'm having them alot. Can't really sit down at it hurts too much, I've been walking since 6.30 ish, only sat down to type this... Sorry for being so naive but is this the start of things??????
TracyD Posts: 750
Sounds very promising !!! Rest as much as you can and if you start to have more show (blood stained mucousy discharge) give your hospital/midwife a ring. Tracy
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
thanks Tracy, very scary as I have no idea what to expect and I don't want to trek all the way to the hosp only to be turned away as I'm not in labour! The drive would be well over an hour away.
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Definititely give the hospital a call to see what they say. Sounds like it could be it for you. Just remember if it is then you are so close to seeing your babs. Keep us posted - if you can! Will be thinking of you
nea dude Posts: 749
Give your doctor/hospital a quick call. since your waters haven't burst yet it could be what is called a "slow labour" you might have these symptoms for a few days or everything could happen quickly. it's hard to know. Now it's time to focus only on you, so forget everything else. Try to remain relaxed, if you can take a warm bath, then keep walking slowly, no need to tire yourself, you'll need your energy, but they say movement helps the baby to pop out faster and keeps circulation going. If you have any raspberry tea drink a cup, it helps too. Fingers crossed for you, will be watching for your posts!!
roxychick Posts: 1802
Sounds like it could be. Best of luck if it is. U'll soon be holding ur little baby :xox
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
sounds like it. try to stay calm and see if the cramps come regulary and try to write down when they come, so you know how often it happens. Call your doc and/or midwife and describe it to them. good luck and keep us updated :-8
mummytime Posts: 3149
Definetly sounds like the start of something. I presume you have rang the hospital at this stage. Hope you are doing ok - Will be thinking of you mc
mrs ddt Posts: 3235
OMG wedjul I cant believe you're due :eek :eek :eek :eek Good luck, hope it all goes well for you.....could have sworn you were only a few months gone.....jeez time is flying sorry didnt meant to hijack :-8 :-8
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Yep it sounds like the start to me,Exactly same as mine. I would usually be in hospital in labour ward about 12hrs/24hrs later. :eek Best of luck.