Need Church music in Mayo...please!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goodtimes Posts: 66
Hi all, need church music, quite like classical music..any advice or recommendations welcome! x :wv
Gembira Posts: 847
We're getting married in Ballintubber next May and we've booked a harpist called Dearbhail Finnegan. She's based in Meath but is willing to travel (obviously) and she's brilliant. We went to see her a couple of weeks ago to choose our music and she was unbelievable. You can either book her on her own or with her husband who plays the flute. hth xx
kookiegal Posts: 1150
A wollie who got married recently had Lasair from Mayo and she said she was delighted with them - her report is up under the name Dewdee if it's any help
goodtimes Posts: 66
Thanks for that girls xx :thnk
hopeful13 Posts: 501
we're getting married in Ballintubber Abbey next May too and having Bohemian Strings - they're a string quartet from Dublin. Can't wait to hear how they sound in the Abbey
streaks Posts: 3592
Mrshy2b does she sing aswell or does she just play the harp?
Gembira Posts: 847
[quote="lilmissgiggles02":1e5e55rl]Mrshy2b does she sing aswell or does she just play the harp?[/quote:1e5e55rl] She just plays the harp. We don't want any singing in the Mass, we're not having any hymns - I hate the forced mumbling that goes on, it's so painful! :o0 I would highly recommend her, she was very impressive when we went to see her. I can't wait to hear her playing during the service! She was also really helpful with suggestions for music. We were clueless before we went in and we're so happy with what she's suggested. xx
streaks Posts: 3592
Listened to a few clips of her on you tube she sounds excellent! Would you mind pm'ing her price to me? Would love the flute aswell would be fab having both for the ceremony! :thnk
Quiglep Posts: 150
Hi My wedding was in Ballyheane we had the Corrib Quartet from Galway we were really pleased with them. I had also looked into music by Ashling Ennis she plays harp and Celtic Rose they have a website Good luck