Need Directions in Cork

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsloulou Posts: 119
calling all cork wollies, i've an appointment @ 9am next week in cork so was thinking of going down the night before to avoid travelling very early dont have a clue of my way around cork and i hate driving anywhere that i am not 100% sure of so i was thinking of staying in the maldron cos i dont think you have to drive into the city to get to that hotel?? my appointment is in Probys Quay? Is this within walking distance from the maldron? any help would be greatly appreciated girls....
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
I've never heard of the maldron????
Jenny0305 Posts: 845
Never heard of Maldron either!!!
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
it was the Shandon Court - where are you coming in from? Siobhan
fabcards Posts: 541
check the AA website for a route plan
maybe it used to be the quality? cos i know the quality hotel where i am from was taken over by the maldron? its in shandon.
oh and i'm coming from adare outside limerick
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
that'll be perfect then. as you come into Cork you'll pass the Heineken Brewery on your right hand side. stay in the right lane and at the main traffic lights just before the opera house bridge you turn right and go back up the hill. the hotel is just on your left hand side. as far as walking to Proby's Quay - it's certainly walkable but it would depend on the weather - if it's raining you'd be drenched by the time you get over there!
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
ahh, you could stay in Jury's that would be really near to Proby's key and shouldn't be very hard to get to from the Limerick Road.