Need help finding a consultant in Rotunda

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kathy14 Posts: 3
Hello I really need help finding a consultant in the rotunda for a pre-pregnancy consultation. I have had 2 consecutive miscarriages, the most recent one last week. Can anyone recommend a consultant who I could see privately in the Rotunda to discuss options. Many thanks for your help
jen09 Posts: 1390
Hi Kathy, Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. My aunt was seeing Mary Holihan to help with their pregnancy issues. She had nothing but good comments about her.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
Can highly recommend Dr Ronan Gleeson, he's just lovely. Sister and cousin used him too and had nothing but good things to say about him.....
yikesJune08 Posts: 395
Hi There, very sorry to hear about your losses, I just found out yesterday that the rotunda have a miscarriage clinic, it might be worth giving them a call to see what support services are available to you, and who might be the best person to call? If you call he early pregnancy unit they should be able to put you onto the miscarriage clinic, Very best of luck, C
Thumbelina Posts: 2340
Hi, sorry to hear about your losses, I had 2 mc in a row as well before getting pregnant on DS. I got my gp to run a full bloodcount, tested for everything from thyroid levels to day 3 & day 21 bloods, he actually wrote to the mc clinic in the Rotunda & asked them what tests they would run. All came back clear. The mc clinic in the Rotunda (and every maternity hospital) will only see you once you've had 3 mc, they count having 2 as 'common'. I attended Prof Malone on my last (successful) pregnancy, had an early scan at 8 weeks & superb care all through my pregnancy. I'm sure he would see you for a pre-pregnancy consultation, but try & get your GP to run your bloods first so you have something to go to him with. PM me if you need any further info, T x
kathy14 Posts: 3
Many thanks to all for your advice. I really appreciate it. It's reassuring to have some names of consultants. At least I feel I am doing something proactive after the miscarriage. Also I hadn't thought about asking my GP to run blood tests but I will now. I will also contact the miscarriage clinic. All the best K