Woloholic

Re: need help

Postby craftyPB » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:12 pm

No, that's chalk paint written on a mirror

cond2b
New Wolly

Postby cond2b » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:42 pm

I love this thread. So many great ideas. Planning on diy-ing a fair bit ourselves. So far invitations are done and I have someone working on flowers. I'm just wondering did you start when you got engaged? Or how long did it take to do everything?

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:40 pm

We had a 22 month engagement and we started crafting nearly straight away (once we had themes/colours decided on). We slowly worked away at it all up until a month or so before the wedding I think - it was nice having the time to chip away at it when we felt like it, it meant it never felt like a chore.

cond2b
New Wolly

Postby cond2b » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:46 am

Hey, has anyone done personalised champagne flutes for the bride and groom? I saw some really lovely ones in a tutorial on something turquoise and I must have them. Any of you crafty girls out there know how to paint glitter onto glass?

E.Rose
Mini Wolly

Postby E.Rose » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 am

Just found this threat, love it! I'm DIYing as much as possible too!
I've the invitations made and gave email address for rsvp.
I'm making the mass booklets, I had books of decorative paper so I cut sheets to A4 size and they'll be folded in half with simple printed pages. Ive a long-arm stapler so I'll staple them in the centre like a copybook.
Im in the middle of painting signs with love quotes that I'll put around the reception room.
I made a little strip of bunting and embroidered "just married" for the cake topper; tied it to two little wooden skewers that will stick into the cake.
There are some lovely ideas here, I must give some of them a go!

morganana25
New Wolly

Postby morganana25 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:21 am

what a grat idea! i'm dreaming of wedding with a lot of wedding candles. Can I personalize candles? I think about candles like this: https://candlemania.ie/products/church-candles-tapers/church-candles-white
PS I know there are church candles, its only an example
Last edited by morganana25 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashford Castle
webcrest
New Wolly

Postby webcrest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:03 pm

You are so great. I would like to see any photo about what you have done. I plan to do as much as possible. Now I look at the invitation and try to find good designs and materials. I like the list of what I consider to be a genius.

Previous

Go to DIY