Menu

Need Help to find a pretty hanger for my dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
Hi girls, I'm wondering if you can help me out. My photographer advised me to buy a nice hanger for putting my dress on so she can get a nice picture of it hanging up, however I have no idea where to get one. My dress is strapless so just has those stupid strings to hold it up so ideally I need something that will prevent the strings from slipping off. I was originally thinking of one of those soft padded satin hangers, but I don't know if any of them have a little notch to hold the strings in place. Does anybody have any ideas?
cannotwait42012 Posts: 170
Try Esty.com or notonthehighstreet.com, There are loads of unusual hangers on their websites.
PeaPod Posts: 583
+1 to Etsy. They have some lovely stuff! Also I like these wooden hangers, and you could do them yourself! [attachment=0:31nsvler]hanger.jpg[/attachment:31nsvler]
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
How about this from etsy.com [img:ybbme5bw]http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_570xN.261703865.jpg[/img:ybbme5bw]
Bellisima Posts: 3583
For the one Awkward Annie posted try www.aressa.etsy.com/ [email protected] - think her lead in time is about 10 weeks though so make sure to leave plenty of time
mommylicious Posts: 836
[quote="AwkwardAnnie":2k6su6xm]How about this from etsy.com [img:2k6su6xm]http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_570xN.261703865.jpg[/img:2k6su6xm][/quote:2k6su6xm] Love this :lvs
Couple Photography
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
Thanks for the suggestions girls, they're all lovely. However I only have 13 days to go so I didn't really want to have to order anything in case it wouldn't get here in time. I'd love to be able to make my own but I'm not sure I'll have the time either as I have yet to make my table numbers, table plan and ceremony booklets. If anybody knows where I might buy a nice hanger somewhere in the Dublin area that would be great. or even Meath, Kildare or Louth.
cannotwait42012 Posts: 170
you might get some nice hangers in Cath Kidston?
mommylicious Posts: 836
Would you try a bridal shop? Ask them can you have one of their padded hangers? Or even a loan of one for the day?
ohsotired Posts: 7071
My photographer just used the hanger the dress came on!