Need Hotel Close to Old Trafford???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Christmas B Posts: 6191
I'm bringing my DH to a match next month for his birthday but have noooooo idea where to stay!! Anyone have any recommendations, please pretty please??? PS: I hate football!!!
MrsDecemberBride07 Posts: 594
we're going to a match on Paddys wknd and have booked Jurys Inn, friend recommended it for location and convenience so it's good to know.
Oh cool, thanks hun!!!!
lopats Posts: 692
hi christmas b i can second the jury's and i hate football too jury's and the fab shopping were all that kept me going! have a ball heheh!!
Tinker Bell Posts: 875
Hi Christmas B, I've been a couple of times, and we've stayed in the Tulip Inn (which is directly across the road from the grounds, literally a 1min walk, quiet expensive though, but really nice!! We've also stayed at the Quality Inn which is a 5 min walk from the grounds. It's very basic and they don't have a bar as such. It's actually situated in the Trafford Cricket Grounds (where the bar is). You can really soak up the atmosphere when your in walking distance and then after the match I recommend going back to your hotel for a drink or two and then to the Trafford Centre (once the crowds have gone, for a great meal). Hope this is of help to you :-) Tinker Bell *)
Mistified Posts: 2680
Their "Luas" stops at, or very close to the ground so it's very convenient to city centre, so hotel anywhere in the city would be ok.
Cool, I'll start trying the city centre as I'm having no luck with the other hotels!! Thanks!! :thnk Total bum attack!!!
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
We went shopping in manchester b4 xmas and stayed in an apt for the weekend. It was right in the centre about 10 mins in a taxi from old trafford cost you about £10 to get there. We booked through laterooms. It was premier city apartments. here is the link for laterooms http://www.laterooms.com/en/k16296355_m ... otels.aspx