Need Ideas for Parents wedding anniversary Present

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
Its my parents 41st wedding anniversary this weekend and i need some ideas of what to get them. We are going away for the weekend so wont be around for actual anniversary so need something to leave for them.
Twirl Posts: 5598
What about a meal voucher for their favourite restuarant or a night away somewhere or tickets to see a show. :wv
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I recently bought my parents tickets for Dickie Rock and the Joe Dolan Experience, plus a weekend away in the Gleneagle Hotel in Killarney as a joint birthday present. I don't know if your parents are the same era? My sister and I went in together for it and it cost €400, but that's two nights B&B plus money for their dinner each night, plus the two shows. It's on July 8 so you could buy it now and they'd have it to look forward to? You could also just do one night away, with one dinner and one show and that would reduce the cost a bit. Do you have any brothers or sisters that might go in with you for it? My parents are 41 years married this year and you know the way people say 'what do you get for the person who has everything'? Well my folks are like that! They have their house, they have ornaments, they have photos of the grandkids, they have jewellery coming out their ears, they have charity donations, the works, we've exhausted our options at this stage! What they don't do though, is treat themselves to nights away, so this is perfect for them! Just a thought, your parents might be more outgoing than mine now and might always be away on holidays or they might be much younger, but thought I'd make the suggestion anyway!
TwitterFan Posts: 57
Hi May 08 Wife My parents are those types who have everything they want / need little. For their anniversary last year I wasn't working and cash was tight but I wanted to do something thougtful so I used Microsoft Photo Story and made a DVD of their x years together in photos. They :lvs :lvs :lvs it. Started off pics of single Dad, then onto single mum and then right through their time together. When I stay at home I can still regularly hear it being played on a Saturday night when they both sit down :-8 Can be time consuming so could be an idea for 42nd anniversary. HTH
nelswife Posts: 3869
ahh twitterfan thats lovely... Why not get a canvas print done of either a family photo or one of their wedding or do a collage (sp) of a lot of different photos of your parents, brothers, sisters, family ones etc and put in a frame!